$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Transportation Engineering Group in downtown Portland, Oregon is seeking a professional engineer who is enthusiastic about roadways, highways, trails, and civil flatwork to join their crew. We are looking for an engineer with creative initiative to aid in the technical development of conceptual designs, construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates. Our clients are primarily local agencies including cities, counties, transit agencies, and state DOTs. Experience with public transportation agencies, especially Oregon agencies, is a plus. You will be a member of a team of transportation design professionals that includes project managers, senior engineers, developing EITs, and CADD staff. Your patience and eagerness to share knowledge to develop staff will be rewarded with a stronger, more efficient team.
Strong technical prowess in underlying design criteria, real-world limitations, and modern CADD design of roadways is required. As one of the technical leaders of a team, you should be able to jump in at any point in the design lifecycle of a project and use CADD to design, model, annotate, quantify, document, or exhibit a project. Experience with either Bentley or Autodesk products is acceptable because both are used regularly in our group depending on client. You will use your familiarity with AASHTO, ADA, FHWA, and other transportation references, as well as your real-world experience to guide your designs. Experience with construction or inspection is a plus.
• Contribute to the delivery of transportation engineering designs as a design engineer
• Collaborate with a team and assist in the coordination of work among engineers and detailers
• Prepare and model roadway designs in CADD
• Develop preliminary and detailed construction cost estimates
• Write construction specifications, design memoranda, and design documentation
• Participate in meetings, both internal and with clients
• Other duties, as required
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
• Oregon PE (civil), or ability obtain within 3 months if already licensed elsewhere
• Minimum 8 years' work experience in the design of transportation infrastructure for public agencies
• Strong proficiency with roadway modeling in Bentley InRoads/OpenRoads or Autodesk Civil3d
Valid Through: 2019-10-25