The Transportation Engineer position is a technical position whose primary duties include:
- Working on a multi-displined team led by Senior Project Engineers and Project Managers to deliver preliminary and detailed designs of urban and rural roadway, railway, and transit projects.
- Working under senior professionals and managers, the Transportation Engineer performs complex assignments exercising judgment and critical thinking in development, evaluation, selection, and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Day to day work will include development of horizontal and vertical alignments, design modelling, and complex engineering calculations.
- Must be able to make decisions and recommendations on significant design and engineering procedures working as a key member for moderate to large projects and independently on smaller projects.
- Will be responsible to establish the technical civil aspects of a project and prepare plans, specifications and quantities necessary to complete capital construction contracts with various Regional and Provincial clients.
- Will support and advise junior engineers and technical staff, write reports and technical memos, coordinate with sub-consultants, support senior staff to keep the project on schedule and within budget, and produce documents in accordance with the project scope and the QA/QC procedures.
- This position will have periodic contact with clients and subconsultants regarding ongoing projects and tasks.
- May require periodic field construction inspection.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, and/or InRoads roadway design software is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required. Masters Preferred.
- Professional Licensure (P.Eng) is required.
- 6+ years of transportation engineering detailed design experience required.
- Must be proficient with Microstation/InRoads or AutoCad/Civil3D or other design software as appropriate.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of TAC Manual, MTO Geometrics Design Manual, OPSS and OPSD is required.
- Experienced in developing Tender documents.
- Experience working on MTO, York Region, Peel Region, Durham Region, or City of Toronto projects preferred.
- Experience working on Design-Build projects desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with varying teams and discipline areas. Demonstrated project management skills desirable.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.