At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP’s Infrastructure & Transportation Practice provides comprehensive planning, design, construction engineering, and operations & maintenance services for all types of roadway, bridge, water resource, rail, transit and aviation projects. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we have a history of successfully delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects. We are currently looking to grow and enhance our practices’ highway civil group and are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Design Project Manager for either our Tampa or Orlando office. The ideal candidate will focus on delivering transportation projects for wide variety of clients including the Florida Department ofTransportation.
- Participate in the strategic planning and pursuit of major roadway design projects.
- Manage the roadway design group in Tampa.
- Manage a wide variety and complexity of highway related projects
- Maintain project schedules and manage project financials including profit/loss responsibility and targeted direct margin
- Coordinate staff required for internal project teams, including directing, coordinating and reviewing work by others
- Perform design computations, oversee report, plan and specification development and sign and seal design documents as necessary
- Oversee and approve invoicing/billing and manage project scope and secure change orders as necessary
- Work with other senior staff within Infrastructure & Transportation and other practices groups, as necessary, to execute project delivery
- Act as exp’s representative with the client, other consultants and contractors during project execution
- Develop and maintain client relationships
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Minimum of 15years of experience in transportation/highway engineering
- Experience managing major design projects.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering Degree from an accredited university.
- Registration as a Florida Professional Engineer (PE).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead diverse project teams with a strong track record of project delivery from both a technical and financial perspective
- Experience pursuing, winning, and executing work with the Florida Department ofTransportation and other local agencies.
- Proficient with Bentley’s MicroStation® and GeoPak as well as MS Office software
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to direct and supervise staff engineers and technicians
- Strong leadership, project management skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to mentor engineering staff
- Business development and client relationships desirable
- Industry participation in professional societies desirable