Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as a Transportation Design Engineer
Based in Bellevue, WA, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale and small-scale municipal infrastructure transportation projects, including transit-oriented improvements. You'll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working directly with our clients. You will work to solve complex problems utilizing your roadway and transit design expertise; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions; identify applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living leading functional teams or projects and serve as a best practice/quality resource.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.Qualifications
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 8 years of experience in transportation work with an emphasis on roadway design and geometrics experience
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D background
- Experience with concept design development through plans preparation
- Prior experience on local, state and/or federal projects
- Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design software (AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
- Experience with roadway design including horizontal and vertical alignments, and developing other roadways components incorporated into a set of construction plans
- Strong mathematical, analytical skills and critical thinking skills
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .