We are looking for a highly motivated Construction Manager with 10 years of experience, a positive attitude, excellent oral and written communication, and a willingness to work on a variety of transportation projects. You should be prepared to perform oversight and support the work of other construction managers by providing technical and management expertise. In conjunction with other members of the team, you’ll act as one of the company’s prime contacts with the client and be responsible for construction progress at a project level within a larger program. Each day, you will be an important team member as you contribute to delivering our exciting projects and providing excellent client service.
You should be a self-motivated professional with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally contributing to our diverse, fast-paced office. Our senior construction managers are committed to providing strong mentorship opportunities and developing you to work independently and with peers. This position will work onsite at a client field office in Hollywood, FL and project sites located within south Florida.
As part of your day-to-day responsibilities, you will lead and manage the construction project team through site mobilization, execution, and demobilization activities, consistent with established project delivery processes to ensure the orderly, efficient, and timely completion of the project scope in accordance with requirements specified in the contract documents. You will demonstrate the capability to manage multiple mid-sized construction projects of average complexity. As well as perform onsite activities including construction supervision, field administration, procurement, and field engineering. Your responsibilities will include completing the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring quality, safety, financial, risk management; business and policy expectations are met. And finally, you will support the design manager performing constructability reviews of projects in the design phase.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline.
• Minimum 10 years of progressively more responsible construction experience
• Ability to demonstrate experience with Florida Department of Transportation construction regulations
• Ability to frequently travel within Florida
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Organizational skills on planning and managing sub-contractors.
• Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams.
• Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong data analysis & technical problem solving.
• CCM (Certified Construction Manager) preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.