We are a family of brands that respects and serves women and girls. ascena retail group, inc. (NASDAQ: ASNA) is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Ann Taylor, LOFT, Lou & Grey, Lane Bryant, maurices, dressbarn and Catherines brands, and for tween girls under the Justice brand.
ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and over 4,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. For more information about ascena retail group, inc. visit: ascenaretail.com, AnnTaylor.com, LOFT.com, louandgrey.com, lanebryant.com, cacique.com, maurices.com, dressbarn.com, catherines.com, and shopjustice.com.
ascena retail group, inc. is currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager who will be responsible for supporting internal customers and cross-functional partners through communication and reporting.
Ensures the timely and effective execution of operating procedures specific to the functional area of transportation. Heavy emphasis will be placed on continuous improvement and delivering service excellence to our brands. Keys to success will be managing service providers, process improvement, healthy brand relationships, and effective project management.
- Work with Director, Speed Sourcing and with Speed liaisons at each brand to determine how brands can each be best supported with visibility reporting, etc.
- Proactively communicate market conditions, risks, and reporting to Brands, Operations partners, and ascena Global Sourcing partners
- Develop and manage standard supplier performance metrics and ongoing evaluation process utilizing a standard scorecard, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Manage a variety of service provider relationships that include services from all general modes of Transportation, analyze trends, perform root cause analysis, and perform process improvement
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute project plans supporting the logistics needs of brand initiatives such as sell-channel changes, new product lines, charity efforts, and new brands
- Establish process ownership, develop and maintain SLA’s and SOP’s across internal depts. and the businesses to meet organizational expectations.
- Coach and develop staff members and plan for succession without business interruption
- Develop communication cadence to Management on industry conditions with a focus on potential threats and impacts to transportation services.
- Proactive communication with Sr. Management at brands around market events, risks, performance, and process improvement.
- Communication end to end partnering with Operations cross functional partners
- Provide customer with options (including costs, transits, and timeframes for decision-making) to recover service, execute
- Understand Transportation visibility tools such as Air Booking Tool, Ocean freight booking tool, domestic TMS visibility system, WM, PLMs
- Bachelor’s degreerequired and appropriate business experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in Supply Chain focused on Transportation and Global Logistics.
- Ability to engage the organization cross functionally and at multiple levels to achieve goals
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with both strategic and tactical responsibility.
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with systems and technology that supports logistics and distribution functions such as WM’s, TMS’, visibility tools, and data warehouses
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of best operational practices; transportation management, and accounting principles.
- Travel expectations: Domestic and International as needed
Ascena CorpETNA-ascena-Pataskala,OH 43062