$100K — $150K *
The primary responsibilities and goals of this role include:
• Assures quality care to patients with ID within the heart, lung and kidney transplant populations and the advanced heart failure and advanced lung disease population.
• Provides oversight of the transplant/AHF/ALD ID program. Responsible for ensuring presence and engagement of multidisciplinary care for transplant/AHF/ALD ID to mid-levels and nurse coordinators.
• Provides oversight of the transplant/AHF/ALD ID clinic.
• Participates in quality and clinical meetings of the transplant, AHF and ALD programs.
• Supervises development and implementation of clinical protocols for IP and OP services for transplant/AHF/ALD ID.
• Oversees maintenance of transplant/AHF/ALD ID Epic lists.
• Provides inpatient and outpatient consultation to the heart, lung and kidney transplant programs.
• Provides consultations pre-transplant.
• Provides expertise in prevention, diagnosis and management of infectious diseases related to transplant/AHF/ALD.
• Review and update all transplant program ID protocols annually or more frequently as necessary.
• Provides full time consultative services to transplant physicians and surgeons for organ donor questions on an on-call basis.
• Serves as the designated supervising physician for midlevel staff involved in care of transplant/AHF/ALD patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
• Engages infectious diseases physicians at Inova to provide coverage and support for the transplant/AHF/ALD ID population and collaborates with these physicians in shared opportunities such as infection control, outbreak preparedness, etc
• Develops educational programs and research proposals to promote developments in transplant ID and within AHF and ALD ID.
• Explores and applies innovative infectious diseases practices and procedures, including new donation strategies as relates to donor categories, new diagnostic tools and new antimicrobials.
• Regionally provides a center for infectious disease fellows to receive a transplant infectious diseases education,
• Participates in conferences, including the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
• Provides lectures and guidance to ID physicians connected to Inova to ensure all areas are aware of current guidelines and protocols related to transplant ID.
• Gives medical grand rounds at Inova Fairfax Hospital every 1-2 years on novel topics related to transplant ID.
• Collaborates with department staff, hospital administration, and physicians in identifying researchable questions pertaining to transplant/AHF/ALD infectious diseases.
• Serves as PI/Co-investigator for transplant ID related studies.
• Oversees all research conducted related to transplant/AHF/ALD infectious diseases.
• Foster growth of the transplant infectious diseases program.
• Assists the Medical Director of the Heart Transplant/AHF Program, Lung Transplant/Advanced Lung Disease Program and the Kidney Transplant Program
• Maintains transplant/AHF/ALD ID program.
Active practice of medicine Completion of appropriate residency program. 3 years in the active practice of medicine.
Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine. Completion Medical Doctorate.
Valid through: 4/26/2021