$80K — $100K *
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Transmission Project Manager to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals in our Denver, CO office.
This senior level position will serve as a technical lead with specialization in the area of transmission line design as well as project management and client management for transmission line projects up to 500kV. The primary duties of the Project Manager include coordination with Senior Engineers and Project Managers in multiple offices to oversee and execute transmission work for a large national client with local client leaders. This position will be the regional point of contact for a key and will manage project delivery related to transmission line design and construction package creation. The Project Manager will be responsible for directing, mentoring, training, and supervising efforts of less-experienced EIT's and/or Designers.
Specific duties and expectations include:
• Responsible for overseeing the execution of transmission projects, driving quality and delivery, providing technical leadership, and managing profitability to achieve business objectives.
• Responsible for Project Management and oversight of transmission projects of all sizes and complexity, including scope and/or proposal development, project team development and assignment, project execution, project closeout, quality control, schedule, and budget management.
• Establish a network of relationships with technical peers in other offices and leverage those relationships and resources in worksharing opportunities.
• Must thoroughly understand and implement the HDR Quality Management Systems (QMS) requirements, processes, and procedures.
• He/she works independently and will direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise one or more Transmission EITs and/or Designers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required (Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred).
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or Engineer in Training (EIT) and active commitment to obtain P.E. License required.
• 6+ years of experience designing transmission projects.
• 1+ years of project management experience is required.
• Experience using PLS-CADD, structure analysis, project cost estimates, plan and profile preparation, load and designs, specifications and drawings, and other engineering documents required for power transmission line projects
• National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) knowledge
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to train, mentor, and develop younger engineers, designers, and drafters.
• Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• Some travel may be required.
• Preference will be given to local candidates.
• Experience and client relationships in Colorado
• SAP Experience
• Primavera (P6) schedule experience
• Project lifecycle understanding
• Hard Dollar or InEight estimating experience
Valid through: 8/17/2020
$150K — $200K
15 days ago