Industry: Energy & Utilities•
Less than 5 years
Posted 56 days ago
Our Transmission Planning & Engineering department has an opportunity for an Engineer II/III who will apply in-depth technical knowledge and expertise to ensure the reliability of the transmission system. Our Engineer will plan and coordinate programs and large-scale engineering projects or several medium projects while acting as the technical specialist for transmission planning. Duties include responsibility for all aspects of developing work scope and will conduct transmission studies on power flow, voltage stability, and other power system analyses.
Our Engineer will also coordinate, administer and provide technical direction to less experienced engineers. May research new developments and technology and make recommendations to management on their feasibility for Company operations. Will monitor projects and recommend modifications to increase operating efficiency and any regulatory requirements, along with maintaining a thorough knowledge of new developments and technologies. Our Engineer will interface with internaland external customers, outside agencies and regulatory authorities.
The successful candidate will have:
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
Salary and Level will be based upon experience.
1) Perform technical studies, using system simulation software such as GE PSLF and CAPE, to plan the expansion of the system in the planning horizon and maintain acceptable levels of system reliability. Also to ensure all NERC/WECC reliability criteria are met. Ensure transmission plans and resource plans are properly integrated.
2) Assist in developing system models used for all planning studies and submitted to WECC common cases.
3) Assist in developing high level project schedules, study reports, creating aggregated load analysis; while considering environmental, reliability and regulatory factors.
4) Ensure engineering design, project control and oversight work has high technical quality, is cost effective, in compliance with established standards, codes and regulations, maintains future reliability, satisfies customer requirements, budget and schedules to meet or exceed all reasonable or agreed upon customer service levels.
5) Effectively interface with customers to assess their needs, determine the scope of the project, obtain necessary data and make key decisions. These decisions may require consultation with external or internal customers or employees.
8) Provide technical assistance and guidance to department personnel to enhance department performance and productivity. Guide, direct and train engineers in both engineering design and project management.
9) Provide effective field support as necessary. Provide effective technical support as necessary; such as meeting with regulators, auditors, or other regional entities.
10) Represent APS on various technical work groups or on regional committees.
11) Maintain the highest level of employee and public safety while adhering to Labor Agreement and Accident Prevention Manual.
14) Increase knowledge of potential future transmission technology and/or identify opportunities to serve customers.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.