Transmission Line Engineer - Senior-Level
5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
Sargent & Lundy has provided comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
This position will offer you the ability to apply and expand your knowledge of transmission line engineering including, conductors, hardware, insulation, structures, foundations and electrical principles to:
- Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 500kV range.
- Responsibility for cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing and siting of transmission lines.
- Responsibility for conductor selection studies, shielding, grounding and induction studies.
- Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components.
- Direct a small project team.
The position will also offer you the opportunity to:
- Work withexperienced engineers and mentor less experienced staff
- Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
Essential Skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSCE or BSEE from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD software to able to review transmission line models
- 5 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following: transmission line design incorporating code requirements, cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line materials and construction, and liaising withconstruction and installation
- Knowledge to verify/review right of way requirements, conductor sags/tensions, transmission line plan and profile drawings and construction documents
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318
- Proficiency withMS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Have a current PE license or the ability to acquire one within one year
- Experience in developing engineering proposals and cost estimates
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation.