We have been retained by a consulting engineers and scientists firm and is seeking Transmission Line Engineers to join their team in Pittsburgh, PA, Roanoke, VA, and Phoenix, AZ areas. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Transmission Line Engineer
Salary up to $115k DOE + Relocation + Benefits – Pittsburgh, PA, Roanoke, VA, and Phoenix, AZ areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on structural engineering from and ABET accredited program
- 5 to 10 years of relevant transmission line or general structural engineering experience
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on structural engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Experience in the energy industry or a consulting services environment
- Relevant experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-TOWER, and AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Experience using RISA-3D and/or STAAD for structural analysis and design
- Functional understanding of AISC "Specification for Structural Steel Buildings", ACI 318-14 "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete", and ASCE/SEI 7 "Minimum Design Loads for buildings and Other Structures", ASCE/SEI 10 "Design of Latticed Steel Transmission Structures", and ASCE/SEI 48 "Design of Steel Transmission Pole Structures"
- Functional understanding of NESC, EIA-TIA, CSA, and GO95 Codes
Transmission Line Engineer Summary:
Our client is seeking a Transmission Line Engineer in our Pittsburgh, PA, Roanoke, VA, and Phoenix, AZ offices. This experienced Transmission Line Engineer will primarily be focused on the structural and electrical (e.g. clearances) aspects of high and medium voltage transmission line design.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading projects while being accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and to a level of quality expected by the client.
- Structural modeling of transmission line elements for load capacity and electrical clearance.
- Performing and evaluating line inspections with recommendations to the client.
- Performing foundation designs.
- Preparing construction documents.
- Coordination with local utility, municipality, government, and contractor representatives.
- Providing guidance and coordinating work with entry-level engineers and technicians.
- Leading and/or supporting training efforts for co-workers and clients.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.