Manages the day-to-day operations of a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees and responsible for management of employee salaries. Implements and supports Company programs and policies. Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget.
- Manage, oversee and direct all aspects of transmission grid operations.
- Manage, audit, and enforce regulatory requirements such as NERC and WECC standards.
- Review, approve, and oversee complex switching processes and other operational functions.
- Manage the operation of transmission system performance.
- Direct large and unique outage restoration efforts.
- Oversee the modeling of the electrical system and the performance of computer power flows for use in contingency analysis studies.
- Administer the applications of the EMS/SCADA system and tools.
- Provide oversight and training for grid operators on protection and control schemes, outage management and electrical systems operations.
- Work with the Information Technology department to ensure support for software and mainframe services.
- Ensures safe work practices by leading by example and enforcing safety policies and procedures.
- Interact positively with other departments by providing superior customer service.
- Improve operational performance by targeting critical inefficiencies, developing effective processes, and enhancing staff coordination.
- Directly interface with other PacifiCorp managers, directors and external service providers to discuss service level, system performance and controls, and field/customer issues.
- Hire, coach, mentor, and develop employees.
- Review and evaluate employee performance and provide annual reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years experience in distribution and dispatch operations.
- A minimum of three years experience in a supervisory role.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical system operations, EMS systems (SCADA), outage management programs (CADOPS), labor agreements, accident prevention manuals, personnel procedures, budgeting and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of substation apparatus equipment, relay protection equipment and communications equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications to include word processing, spreadsheets and mainframe applications.
- May be required to be on-call on a rotational basis.
- Advanced Degree.
- Demonstrated experience in electrical power engineering discipline, and thorough knowledge of engineering principles.
- Knowledge of operating plans, impact of switching on a power system, switch capabilities, load flow studies, state estimator applications.
- NERC Certification