Description: Provides customer focused clinical pharmaceutical care which includes but is not restricted to primary care and anticoagulation services. Communicates with providers to influence optimal drug information to patients and health care providers. Participates in patient and provider educational programs to positively impact patient compliance and provider prescribing practices. Oversees and directs pharmacy technician staff in the execution of technical functions.
- Supports utilization management initiatives as assigned.
- Assesses clinical outcomes.
- Provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to members enrolled in clinical pharmacy services including anticoagulation.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve.
- Critically analyzes drug literature and lay press to provide drug information to health professionals and members.
- Committed to Target Drug Programs and cost-effective prescribing initiatives.
- Demonstrates clinical pharmacy knowledge and high motivation to seek continuing education to keep abreast of current drug therapies.
- Assures compliance to all regulatory rules and regulations specific to: Drug Enforcement Administration
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Seven days a week coverage with weekend rotations. Shift 10:30AM-7:00PM. Coverage for all LACE patients with a primary focus on LACE 1-5. Tri-state pharmacy license required ( MD, DC and VA.)
Position is focused on providing pharmaceutical care support(quality, safety and affordability) to the Kaiser multi-disciplinary healthcare based at our core hospital/SNF during the transitional in care period from our core hospitals, CDU's, skilled nursing facilities to the home setting. Background in Home Infusion and Skilled Nursing facilities
- Minimum one (1) year of hosptial clinical practical experience within the past five years.
- Graduation from an accredited college or school of pharmacy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Maryland's License is required @ hire/rehire; however, Tri Licensed to practice in assigned jurisdiction is required (Virginia and the District of Columbia) within 120 days of hire/rehire.
- Computer literate with common word processing, spreadsheet and database computer software and applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
Job Number: 666876