Transit Project Manager
15+ years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Responsible for managing a range of local and regional public transit and related planning and design projects in Pennsylvania and company-wide.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) is seeking a motivated Project Manager / Senior Engineer who desires to manage transit projects in Pennsylvania and throughout JMT’s current and growing footprint. Successful candidates will be expected to: manage multi-discipline design teams planning and designing transit facilities for local and regional transportation and transit Authorities and State agencies; develop project schedules and budgets; supervise and mentor staff and provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements; assist in development of Letters of Interest, Technical Proposals and Presentations; and be responsible for coordination with clients, sub consultants, other government and regulatory agencies. Based in the Harrisburg Office, the successful candidate will be a project manager and market leader in public transit and required to engage in business development activities across JMT as well as fostering existing and developing new market opportunities. Established client relationships are also expected.
- Successfully works on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- A working knowledge of Federal, State, and local jurisdiction permitting regulations is required
- Thorough understanding of the PennDOT policies and project delivery processes
- Thorough understanding of SEPTA policies and project delivery processes
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Job requires minimum 20 years of related and relevant experience in transportation and public transit project planning, design, procurement and construction consultation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Equivalent
- Familiarity and experienceapplying the policies, publications, and practices of PennDOT and SEPTA
- Professional Engineer License in Pennsylvania and ability to obtain license in other jurisdictions
- Demonstrated experience managing new, expanded and rehabilitated transit facility projects
- Experienced and comfortable with periodic day and overnight travel