HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what's possible since 1917. We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. With nearly 10,000 employees in more than 225 locations around the world, we think global and act local.The primary duty of the Transit Engineering Business Class Director, is to provide strategic focus on positioning HDR as a preferred service provider in the area of Transit Engineering. The Transit Engineering BC Director will provide technical leadership in all aspects of the delivery of projects involving Transit Engineering. The emphasis of this position will be on Fixed Rail transit, however coordination with the Transit Market Sector leader and others will be required for other services associated with serving our Transit Clients (such as Maintenance Facilities, other Transit modes, etc.). This position will report to the Transportation Planning and Design Director, and will collaborate with the other Business Class Directors and Market Sector Directors in delivering high quality products to our Transit Clients. Another key aspect with be coordination with other BC’s on workshare opportunities and the allocation of key staff to pursuits and projects, along with support and identification of key hires. There are no direct reports associated with Business Class Directors. More specific duties include:
- Project and Program Support Responsibilities – This position will serve as a technical focal point for the Transportation Business Group to deliver Transit Engineering design and implementation services to our Clients and to create alliances within the Transportation Business Group to assure quality is being delivered to HDR’s Transportation clients. This position will work closely with other technical Business Class Directors, Regional Transportation Directors, Market Sector Directors and Client Managers to ensure the technical resources and tools are available to fulfill long term growth goals while maintaining high quality deliverables. Additionally, other duties include technical support, quality oversight, PARR participation, recruiting and staff development, best practice development, project leadership, and principal-level program/project management.
This position requires the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science related discipline, such as Civil Engineering, Rail and/or Transit Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Director’s home state, with ability to obtain additional State registrations via comity.
- Minimum of 15 years in leading regional or national programs associated with Transit Engineering.
- Maintained client relationships with Transit Agencies or other entities providing transit services, and have a track record of success in this arena.
- Experienced in development and management of strategic marketing programs for Transit focused services for the transportation industry.
- Experienced in development and management of a wide range of client relationships and specific program and/or project pursuits.
- Experienced with industry associations (e.g. APTA) and maintains a visible profile in the transportation markets.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with client managers, technical directors, business group directors and operations staff.
- Be willing to travel domestically up to 40% of their time.
- Demonstrated commitment to HDR values and an attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.