- Serve as a construction management and inspection phase project manager and resident engineer.
- Help the firm position itself for opportunities and pursuits involving construction management and inspection services for transit and rail project owners.
- Provide expertise in conceptualizing, planning, and scheduling construction activities for a rail transit civil and / or signal construction project involving track and track related work, civil construction, station construction, structures, wayside signal and communications equipment installation such as signals, track circuits, switch machines, wayside cases, junction boxes, bungalows, cables, cable support equipment, conduits in new alignments and in operating railroad environments.
- Provide coordination support for interfacing with multiple disciplines in a railroad and transit environment such as design / engineering / construction, electrical/ traction power department, track department, civil structures, mechanical ,quality, safety, maintenance and operations to achieve signal/ communications equipment installation, inspection and testing
- Provide support for logistical planning, gathering needs, optimizing and requesting track access within rules and procedures of operating transit/ railroad
- Provide daily interface and coordination with civil and systems construction contractor(s)
- Provide supervision, management, and assignments for construction inspection staff during various phases of construction of signal/ communications equipment
- Prepare and submit summary and daily reports as needed on Construction/ Inspection activity
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 15+ years with a diverse delivery background in that includes approximately 50% experience in transit and rail
- Experience with complex projects and a variety of delivery methods (conventional delivery, design / build, P3, or GC/CM)
- Experience and knowledge of track and guideway construction, civil disciplines, systems and systems coordination and integration, stations, pedestrian and non-motorized access, roadway, utilities, coordination with public, maintenance of traffic, working within an operating railroad, and transition from construction to operations
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering
- 20 years of transit experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule