We are looking for Transit Applications System Analyst for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Transit Applications System Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- The Analyst/Programmer will be a team member supporting the vehicle maintenance system, Maintenance and Control Reporting System (MCRS2).
- Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with upgrades and other functional module roll out including extensive testing
- Triaging user problems
- Report modifications using Crystal Reports
- Data analysis
- Other tasks as necessary to support a large customer base.
- Candidate will be expected to travel to MBTA maintenance sites with team members to assist with training.
- Problem solving skills are a must.
- Experience with coding, debugging, interfaces, SQL, and data analysis is needed to be successful.
- Candidate will be expected to adhere to core hours, report work accomplished, be a self-starter, and finish assigned tasks in a timely manner.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Three to five (3-5) years experience in enterprise-level, database driven applications with a relational database such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server as the back end
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- Experience using a reporting tool such as Crystal Reports
- Familiarity with MS Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Candidate must have experienceworking with end-users: experience triaging and solving helpdesk calls, successful listening skills, and a professional phone manner
- Must have experienceworking with a variety of people, including successful teamwork and proven ability to teach application materials to users of various technical abilities
- Business skills desired include effective communication, analytic abilities, organizational and presentation skills.
- Public transit knowledge or interest
- Experience with Trapeze EAM or other EAM system.