Transformational Managing Director Location United States - Remote (location open) Functional Area Consulting Employment Status Regular
About Press Ganey
Press Ganey is recognized as a pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions. Our mission is to reduce patient suffering by supporting the delivery of safe, high quality, patient-centered care.
Headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, with offices in Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Kansas City, Durham, Nashville and Wakefield, Press Ganey serves clients nationwide with locally based teams of associates to ensure strong client connections and relationships. As a result, Press Ganey is acutely aware of the challenges and opportunities unique to specific providers and their communities. Our associates are professionals, deeply rooted in health care and strongly committed to our clients’ success.
Whether it's the hospital , medical practice, ambulatory or home care setting, we partner with clients to create and sustain a high-performance environment to ultimately improve the patient experience. Our comprehensive suite of health care solutions helps clients meet their goals of improved quality, better care and lower costs.
Press Ganey provides both ongoing advisory services and consulting in all phases of performance improvement. Our patient experience advisors are uniquely trained and skilled to identify areas of opportunity and help clients implement targeted improvement plans. Our consultants, whose health care experience is a true differentiator, work in partnership with organizations to identify and implement best practices across their operations.
Simply put, we are vested in our clients’ success, and dedicated to helping them understand and improve every dimension of the patient experience.
Press Ganey has reorganized its products into four strategic solution sets: patient experience, workforce, clinical, and safety. A fifth, the transformational journey, integrates all of the four strategic solutions. Clients adopting a transformation journey will have a unique partnership with Press Ganey based on three differentiated features:
- Ability to deploy all of our solutions to achieve maximum integration ;
- Ability to leverage cross domain analytics to enable deeper insights;
- Support to develop a transformation strategy to sustain improvement.
Measurement and analytics alone are insufficient to achieve high performance. Strategic execution is crucial to achieve and sustain high performance. Clients achieve sustained high performance when they focus on:
- Why they are changing - leveraging vision and values to build a culture that supports both patients and caregivers;
- How they are changing – embracing principles of improvement science, high reliability and effective teamwork in the design care processes and daily work;
- What they are changing – prioritizing safety, quality and patient centeredness in the creation of financially efficient and clinically effective operations.
The Transformation Managing Director (TMD) advises clients throughout their transformation journey. Armed with expertise in all three of these important aspects of strategy development and execution, the TMD provides necessary guidance and outside perspectives to system executives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Press Ganey’s transformation advisory committee;
- Network with regional sales, advisory, executive, and thought leadership, and other client-facing Press Ganey stakeholders to identify and develop potential clients for the transformation journey;
- Manage the development of the clients transformational plan;
- Supervise the Press Ganey side of the transformation plan;
- Co-lead along with the client appointed co-lead, the transformation journey steering committee made up of client and PG representatives;
- Serve as the primary interface and relationship manager for all elements of the transformation planexecution, including:
- Participation in regular client meetings and updates with the client sponsoring c-suite member, executive leader, and steering committee team;
- Regularly review with the assigned project manager, the progress of the transformational journey’s execution;
- Monitor and advise on the successful execution of all elements of the transformation plan, such as product and solutions implementation, Press Ganey support, client progress, monitoring of milestones and outcomes;
- Co-manage the client relationship with the regional president;
- The TMD will have oversight of the clients improvement strategy and how the client integrates Press Ganey’s various products and services into their overall organizational strategy including how Press Ganey improvement resources (advisory and consulting) align with the client’s strategy;
- The TMD will be the primary liaison with members of the Client’s c-suite;
- The regional president will oversee all other aspects of the client relationship including contracting, and executive briefings.
- Ten years or more of administrative or operational healthcare experience with progressive responsibility or equivalent;
- Experience successfully leading a safety, quality, or experience transformation effort with demonstrable improvement of outcomes would be highly preferable;
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time;
- Excellent demonstrated leadership, communication, writing, presentation, and people management skills;
- The ability to manage in a matrix organization and thrive in an environment of ambiguity and entrepreneurship;
- Experience as a consultant helpful but not mandatory;
- Willingness to live in one of the Press Ganey assigned client regions;
- An advanced clinical degree including MD, DO, PhD, masters in nursing or doctorate of nursing, or master’s in business administration or health policy preferred;