Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
To support MITRE’s Good Growth strategy and the Chief Transformation Officer’s strategic vision for corporate operations, we have recognized the need for modern systems and industry-aligned practices. We will transform the way MITRE does business and implement major changes to our processes and how our staff interacts with business systems and customers. The Business Transformation Office will lead this program to integrate people, process, and technology capabilities to deliver expected outcomes to MITRE and our sponsors.
The Transformation Process Assessment and Design Lead is a key member of the Business Transformation leadership team, reporting to the Program Director. He or she will coordinate closely with operational executives and stakeholders and is accountable for collaborating broadly across Operational groups to rationalize and optimize business processes to align with leading industry practices and vendor solutions. He or she is responsible for:
- Defining and managing the process optimization workstream, including tools, data, and methods
- Collaborating with technical and domain experts to solve process harmonization challenges
- Managing workstream budget, scope, risk, and schedule
- Representing process transformation interests at the senior leadership level
He or she will demonstrate the capability to:
- Collaboratively evangelize with the Program Director, the vision for operational transformation among officers, directors, managers, system users, and other stakeholders.
- Lead Process Assessment and Design workstream planning; mobilize and manage team; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage workstream economics, scope, risk, and schedule.
- Define and partner with IT, Finance, HR, and other stakeholders to define, in alignment with leading industry practices, optimal business processes that are readily supported by configuring ERP solutions, and to contribute practical approaches to related governance and business process harmonization/optimization.
- Advance operational maturity through guidance and application of leading industry processes, techniques, and tools, as well as ensure data analysis is inherent in and supported by the solution.
- Partner closely with leadership to build and maintain the team through definition of needed skill mix, hiring/outsourcing, on the job development and training opportunities, team building, and mentoring.
- Manage the Process Assessment and Design workstream and the team’s subject matter experts, focusing on the development and execution of the process transformation vision; demonstrate servant leadership for staff, providing support, career development, and guidance across technical and personnel issues.
- Apply integrative leadership, leading analytic practices, and partner engagement skills to foster harmonization, shared expectations, and ensure that long-term transformation priorities are addressed while deliverables reflect optimal balance of completeness, timeliness, usability, and technical quality.
- 10+ years of related experience:
- Defining streamlined and value-delivering processes as a part of building responsive ERP systems that advance mission outcomes, as integrated systems of technology, data, people, and processes.
- Leading high visibility direct and corporate process reengineering and transformation projects, particularly large, complex, partnership-based, UX-driven initiatives.
- Using leading practices to provide information advantage, return on investment, and substantial impact to a large and diverse set of partners through corporate operations transformation.
- Applying process reengineering/optimization tools and methods including Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, SPC, and related certifications.
- Leading process transformation teams, including recruiting, developing, mentoring, and providing support/resources to staff as a servant leader, and sustaining morale and team productivity in challenging situations.
- Designing and rolling out processes in support of ERP solutions, such as SAP, Deltek, or Workday.
- Managing projects, including requirements elicitation/gap analysis, customer experience management, customer/usage/outcome data analysis, strategy/roadmap definition, and lifecycle sustainability.
- Advancing enterprise harmonization through process optimization and convergence on leading practices, as well as applying systems thinking and integrative approaches to large-scale enterprise initiatives.
Proven leadership, professional consulting, and communications skills