Our Transaction Tax Practice is comprised of a dedicated team focused on the tax aspects of corporate and private equity acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings and capital market transactions. As a senior manager on the Transactions team, we’ll look to you to apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas, devising strategic outcomes to very complex issues, including US domestic and cross-border tax strategies. In return, you can expect support from the most recognized and engaging tax minds in the profession, and tremendous opportunities to progress your career. As a Transaction Tax senior manager, you’ll be right at the heart of the action. You’ll work with many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals. You’ll be advising clients throughout the transaction lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
The opportunity Our Transactions practice is constantly evolving, and it’s here you’ll find everything you need to grow as we do. It’s all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. Our Transaction Tax practice helps our clients plan, execute and integrate their transaction strategies. Our services include deal structuring, due diligence, post-deal integration, internal restructuring, distressed debt and bankruptcy, tax attribute management and planning, and drafting opinions and IRS ruling requests.
Your key responsibilities As a Senior Manager you will be a vital member of the team developing and implimenting transactions. You’ll spend your time on a diverse array of project and clients in a highly collaborative culture. We’ll look to you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources while developing and coaching senior and manager level engagment team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions for private equity and strategic corporate clients
- Review merger agreements and provide opinion letters
- Identify and analyse tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
- Review, assess, and advise clients regarding tax computations reflected in their financial models; and assist clients in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the tax data in their financial projections for the transaction
To qualify for the role you must have
- US CPA or member of US State bar
- A bachelor's degree and around 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and 7 years of related work experience
- Tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience
- Experience managing budgets, projects and people
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
What we look for We’re interested in experienced tax professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You’ll need strong communication skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple clients. If you’re a naturally curious problem solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues and clients across the business, this role is for you. What working at EY offers We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you