Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
The Transaction Manager services current and new accounts by coordinating and monitoring various transaction activities and will work withinternal departments to manage purchase, sales and lease transactions. The Transaction Manager will also serve as the in-house point-of-contact for clients, brokers, and others to collect or to provide information on all account transactions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate with Account Manager to align transactions with the client’s real estate objectives.
- Collaborate with assigned business units/regions to understand and support operational requirements and expansion or contraction of the business.
- Implement the transaction process to complete seamless transactions on behalf of the client and in accordance with client’s processes and procedures.
- Source and manage third party brokers/service providers where required.
- Act as the liaison between the landlord, local broker, Account Manager and Business Unit/Regional Real Estate Director.
- Assist the Account Manager in the execution of Corporate Real Estate (CRE) portfolio strategy through lease renewals, new leases, sub-leases, lease terminations and land & building purchase and sales.
- Prepare, review, analyze, and interpret financial analysistemplates including book and cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) to determine the financial impact and economic value of multiple transaction scenarios.
- Coordinate and execute all steps surrounding transactions including the completion of project initiation sheets, market surveys, client tours, RFPs, counterproposals, LOI, broker's opinions of value and test fits to lease execution and project closeout.
- Maintain all transaction and forms files. Prepare reports and makes presentations to relevant parties. Prepare follow up letter to brokers and clients as required.
- Monitor and maintain a real estate project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion.
- Negotiates leases and lease amendments. Monitors lease expirations. Negotiates lease renewals within prescribed timeline.
- Serve as liaison with clients relative to administrative matters, including obtaining executed lease copies, scheduling meetings, and being available to respond to inquiries or receive new assignment requests.
- Review commission calculations with brokers, prepare deal sheets summarizing terms of transaction, and track commission payments and annual commission income reports.
- Prepare project close-out files for all completed transactions, including all transaction documents, list of project contacts, lease abstract, executed lease/agreement, and activity log.
- Track project travel expenses.
Other Job Functions:
- Attend selected client meetings.
- Train and assist other employees in the set-up and management of accounts.
- May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments.
- Continually stays informed of local, national and global real estate trends and innovation.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Undergraduatedegree and/or advanced degree and experience in related discipline (business, accounting, finance, real estate or law)
- Minimum of three years corporate or commercial real estate (or related) experience.
- Strong financial acumen (NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Advanced financial modeling skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of legal and financial aspects of a transaction process.
- Demonstrated client relationship management
- Strong written and oral communication skills (analytical and report writing) necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Active Real Estate license is required
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.