Our Transaction Management team helps clients strategize, evaluate and execute real estate transactions to meet their business and occupancy needs. Our Transaction Manager will manage and execute lease and/or capital transactions while fostering client relationships and business growth. S/He will be responsible for overseeing and preparing regular reporting, budgets, cash flow forecasts, memorandum documenting significant client issues and strategic planning. S/He will work primarily in a leadership role on straightforward projects or in a support role on more complex projects. S/He Works independently or as part of a team; will occasionally supervise or manage the workload of Senior Analysts and Analysts. S/He will also work on and will be asked to direct special projects/assignments as needed. Our Transaction Manager will manage and work with professionals across a wide variety of disciplines and business units.
Manage Client Relationships:
- Assume key transaction responsibilities for strategic clients
- Provide advice on client transactions
- Attend regular client meetings and conference calls
- Improve client transaction management processes
- Work directly with clients and team members to resolve financial model, transaction and landlord issues
- Manage building tours with the client
- Manage transaction reporting to the clients
- Independently manages and executes complex, large, and mid-size transactions with high level of proficiency and knowledge
- Delivers measurable value by negotiating favorable economic and flexible lease terms for the client.
- Work with IT to customize reports, dashboards and analytics specific to account team usage
- Assist Client in completing a large number of transactions annually and independently execute lease and capital transactions of all types and sizes while adhering to Jones Lang LaSalle's and the Client's processes and standards for expertise and professionalism
- Actively monitor progress of assigned transactions as well as those of direct reports
- Collect client requirements, obtain market data, review market reports, retain real estate broker partners nationally, oversee site selection and site evaluation, create requests for proposals (RFP's), negotiate letters of intent, leases, purchase and sale agreements, and prepare approval packages for client's senior management
- Develop occupancy cost savings strategies, develop and evaluate alternative occupancy solutions and financial structures and refine existing transaction processes and procedures
- Review commission invoices for accuracy and progress on payment; review Dealio for accuracy and assure it is updated regularly
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Real Estate.
- Master's Degree preferred
Years of relevant experience:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with at least 3-5 years as a Transaction Manager
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of real estate leases and accounting procedures, in particular as it relates to healthcare related lease, compliance issues
- Analytical ability, both financial and qualitative
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Presentation skills
- Modeling complex occupancy scenarios, including multi-facility consolidations, city plans and metro area consolidations