Provides ongoing management of real estate transaction activities for a defined portfolio of properties on behalf of our corporate clients. Prepares, recommends, and implements a portfolio-wide transaction strategy for acquiring and disposing of real estate properties. Coordinates field resources and other stakeholders in the execution of lease renewals, new site acquisitions, disposition of surplus space through subleasing, sale renewals, early lease termination, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements real estate plans with an understanding of the client's strategic real estate goals.
- Assists with project initiation and scope definition, prioritization of assignments, and adherence to client-driven priorities, commitments, and milestones.
- Concurrently acts as landlord/seller agent and tenant/buyer agent and effectively negotiates the business terms and conditions for a wide variety of commercial real estate products, including land, office, retail and industrial.
- Coordinates field broker selection and otherrequired resources, subject matter experts, and business partners.
- If necessary, facilitates client review and approval of proposed team resources for the purpose of transaction execution.
- Drafts and creates a large variety of analyses and relevant documents, including but not limited to: project initiation, market comparable reports, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value.
- Coordinates the negotiation of sales through a field broker.
- Negotiates leases and lease amendments.
- Monitors lease expirations.
- Negotiates lease renewals within prescribed timeline.
- Locates and acquires new properties to meet client's requirements and timeline.
- Disposes of surplus properties within prescribed timeline.
- Understands how to review, analyze, and interpret financial analysistemplates including book and cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) financial analyses to enable clients to make more informed decisions.
- Works closely with CBRE and/or client's Lease Administration, Project Management, Facility Management, and Finance/Accounting teams to ensure integration between the service lines.
- Closely tracks all transaction activity (commissionable and non-commissionable), prepares commission forecasts and vouchers, and accounts for all savings results achieved on behalf of clients.
- Monitors and maintains a real estate project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion.
- Prepares reports and makes presentations to relevant parties.
- Adheres to all state real estate agency requirements.
- Ensures compliance with CBRE's corporate policies as they relate to identifying and mitigating potential conflicts of interest.
- Resolves landlord and tenant disputes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides assistance and oversight such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of four to six years of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Real Estate Salesperson license.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Advanced computer software application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Internet navigational skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause significant impact to client, co-workers, and supervisor.