Bellwether Enterprise is a national, full-service commercial and multifamily mortgage banking company that puts people and communities first. Our people are our greatest assets and create the work environment that makes Bellwether Enterprise a place of growth, productivity, and ingenuity. We implore you to explore the many career opportunities we have available here at Bellwether Enterprise!
Bellwether Enterprise is one of the fastest-growing commercial & multifamily mortgage banking companies in the country. It is large in scope yet focused in approach. With offices across the country, Bellwether offers an unwavering commitment to regional expertise. Most of its loan producers have 25 plus years of experience and were born and raised in the areas they do business. We are Capital on a Mission.
This position could be located in Scottsdale, AZ or San Diego, CA. We are looking for a Transaction Manager (or Senior Analyst) with a minimum of 5 years of experience. This is a key production role for us and will have exposure to a variety of commercial real estate financings secured by multifamily, industrial, retail, office, manufactured housing communities, to name a few. The diverse group of lenders we originate for include from Life Insurance Companies and Pension Funds, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, FHA, USDA and CMBS to name a few.
This team originates commercial real estate loans on properties located throughout the country. Previous experience in the commercial property lending industry is strongly preferred. This role provides the individual hired for this role an opportunity for significant growth and advancement.
- Analyze income producing real estate assets and be able to identify comprehensive and varying financial solutions for clients.
- Analyze and provide solutions for all unforeseen issues arising during the loan placement process and handle the issues directly with lenders and borrowers.
- Assist in the negotiation of loan quotes, loan applications and loan commitments.
- Responsible for loan underwriting, analysis, presentation and submission process.
- Coordinate the delivery of financing submissions and tracking capital source quotes.
- Ability to manage expectations and timeframes for the capital user and capital providers, while ensuring delivery of due diligence and checklist items needed for financing quotes, final loan approval and closing.
- Continually research and understand the real estate markets in which they operate.
- Continually maintain working relationships with customers and lenders; secondarily with brokers, appraisers, and other real estate and finance professionals.
- Establish and maintain strong personal relationships with all lender employees including Fannie Mae, Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Freddie Mac as well as Life Company, CMBS & Bank lenders. (Crucial to know all the players and be able to handle personalities and politics)
- Accompany the producer to in person meetings with customers to identify their goals, plans and challenges with properties that need or will need financing.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a contact database of borrowers, lenders, brokers, and others in the commercial real estate and finance industry.
- Ensure compliance with closing schedules and document submissions.
- Assist with maintenance of office pipeline reports.
- Attend real estate industry trade functions.
- Assist in managing the timely receipt and delivery of all third-party reports and documents.
- Manage any task necessary to ensure deals close.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate or Finance, or equivalent education and related training
- Five years of experience in a commercial real estate mortgage loan production office or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills as well as ability to think outside the box and provide solutions and optionality
- In depth knowledge of the income producing real estate including knowledge of
- local/regional/national real estate markets
- real estate construction
- all forms of debt and equity and their common structures
- Ability to evolve with the changing capital markets
- Excellent organizational skills and drive to succeed
- Ability to organize, direct and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Maturity and self-confidence to simultaneously handle a variety of assignments
- Ability to work harmoniously with internal/external workers/customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven self-starter
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- Sales and/or marketing training a plus
- Prior history of working in a high-volume loan production office