This position will assume responsibility for coordinating, managing and underwriting national complex, high liability commercial real estate transactions ranging from single site to multi-site commercial real estate transactions.
- Title clearance and satisfaction of commitment Schedule B-I requirements
- Resolution of title comments/objection letters
- Reviewing title/survey comments and underwriting requests
- Negotiation of endorsement/affirmative coverages with NCS Florida underwriters and local field offices.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proven knowledge and competency in the areas of title fulfillment, escrow/settlement procedures and title insurance principles and procedures as they relate to underwriting and closing national commercial real estate transactions.
- Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate law/practices, title insurance and settlement process.
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- Ability to successfully manage high-liability single and multi-site commercial real estate transactions.
- Proficiency in Excel with the willingness to embrace technology applications to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to successfully meet imposed deadlines.
- Must possess detail orientation with proven ability to produce quality, error-free work.
- Confidence and capability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Must possess professional written and verbal communication skills that would be respected by elite members of the legal communities around the country.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and results-driven.
- Must be professional and a team player.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with an emphasis in business management/administration, finance, or real estate
- J.D. Degree from an ABA accredited law school and admission to actively practice law as a member in good standing in at least one state required.
Typical Range of Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a national commercial title and closing environment with a focus on closing transactions and resolving underwriting issues.