We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in IT who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in S&O - IT you will be a vital member of the team leading and executing IT focused projects. You'll execute and manage projects across all sectors, directing our client service team in developing and executing strategies for transactions. You will also be focusing on business and practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their career goals.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – lead project teams comprising of colleagues from across the TAS sub service lines.
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- Business Development – drive client pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- People development – coach and mentor team members to support achievement of their career goals.
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Information Technology and 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience.
- MBA is preferred.
- Significant M&A management consulting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- Experience in business integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments.
- The ability to synthesize approaches to complex integration/divestiture conflicts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Expertise in a minimum of 5 of the following IT skillsets:
- IT strategy
- Enterprise architecture
- IT security
- IT shared services
- IT organization transformation
- ERP implementation
- IT service management and TSA development
- IT finance management
- IT infrastructure management
- IT outsourcing / off-shoring
- IT contract management
- IT Diligence
- IT synergy identification
- Data separation and transition
- Experience with and demonstrated success in at least one key business process such as Procurement to pay, Record to report, Order to cash, Plan to make, Hire to retire.
- Certifications in Agile, ITIL, PMP, Six Sigma, CISSP, or CISA highly desired.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice.
Ideally, you'll also have
- A proven record of excellence in an IT mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.