- Primarily, work with our Transaction Advisory Group on tax due diligence engagements covering investigation of SALT income and non-income tax compliance and potential exposures of acquisition targets.
- Draft tax diligence reports to communicate findings to clients.
- Collaborate on buy-side and sell side transaction structuring for SALT related issues.
- Identify opportunities for pre- or post-transaction SALT projects, including Voluntary Disclosure Agreement, nexus studies, and preparation of taxability matrices.
- Subject to availability based on volume of pending transaction engagements, coordinate with the core tax service delivery groups, with SALT team support, on presenting and implementing consulting opportunities including state tax return reviews, audit defense/controversy, nexus studies, apportionment reviews, restructurings, & merger/acquisition situations.
- Emphasis on daily SALT tax technical reading to help derive planning ideas to be marketed to clients & prospects
- 5 to 8 years of public accounting experience (at least 5 years in SALT consulting and/or compliance)
- CPA, CMI, or JD required
- Working proficiency in federal & state tax compliance
- Minimum of 4 years of state tax technical research skills (i.e. BNA Bloomberg, RIA Checkpoint, CCH) – CCH Intelliconnect preferred
- Prior involvement and working knowledge of state & local tax planning initiatives such as nexus studies, VDAs, restructurings, apportionment reviews, and M&A.
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal and written) skills
- Business writing skills with at least 2 - 3 years of experience writing technical memorandums and client proposals
- At least 5 years of state tax compliance and consulting experience working C corporation, S corporation, and pass through entity clients
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work well with peers & subordinates (delegation of project tasks). Ability to assist in the sales process and eventually evolve into a market facing role a definite plus.
Valid through: 12/16/2021