- Analyze financial and operational results of companies using accounting information and interviews with management.
- Prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information.
- Research industry standards and trends, target companies or other information affecting the acquisition for incorporation in diligence communications.
- Write and/or review detailed reports regarding due diligence and financial analysis.
- Identify diligence issues which may affect purchase price, deal structure or deal termination.
- Recommend post-acquisition actions to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements.
- Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements.
- Work alongside and supervise other BKD team members to exceed client expectations.
- Work closely with client executives, attorneys, investment bankers, private equity investors or other stakeholders.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with current and prospective clients of the firm.
- Strong current knowledge in the following: U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), mergers and acquisitions, transaction services
- Recent experience with current audit and accounting concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and coach team members to deliver expected results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related area required
- 5+ years of experience with a public accounting firm with at least 2 years of experience in Transaction Services / Financial Due Diligence
- CPA license strongly preferred
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.