The Training Supervisor is responsible for developing the training strategy based on business needs for the Bowling Green facility to ensure proper employee skill development. Responsibilities include managing and coordinating development of eLearning or instructor-led training courses based upon technical documentation for technical and non-technical audiences. Evaluates the success and efficiency of training courses and programs. Reviews current training curriculum and update as required. Establishes mechanisms for enhancing training instructional design, coordination, delivery, and materials production.
- Develops the long term and short-term training and development strategy for both salary and hourly employees at the facility.
- Analyzes skill gaps and works managers and supervisors to develop plans to close the skill gaps.
- Works with managers and supervisors to create and track development plans for the salary staff members.
- Formulates training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company production processes, business systems, or changes in products.
- Supervises activities of the training coordinator.
- Develops and manages training budget on a yearly basis.
- Develops annual training calendar with planned events.
- Supports train the trainer programs for various WCM tools.
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Organizes and develops training manuals, a reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Serves as the facility's expert on proper training methods and tools.
- May assist in maintaining records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate performance of instructions and monitor progress of trainees.
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current year training requirements and justifies funds requested.
- Coordinates established training courses with technical and professional courses offered by local colleges and universities.
- Screens, tests, counsels, and recommends employees for participation in internal or external educational and training programs.
- Works closely with manufacturing management to develop a structured ongoing training program for the manufacturing area to ensure that we maintain continuity and conformity in the training process.
- Keeps informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in the training field.
- Understands and adhere to current health, safety, and environmental policies (ISO14001). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Understands current quality policies and procedures (IATF 16949). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to product quality.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in Business or Education is required.
Ability to dynamically engage, train, and coach employees and various audiences at all levels.
Must be able to travel to out of state locations to attend training and support other locations as needed.
Must be willing to work on various shifts to support the needs of the business.
Ability to interface with Automated Systems and training databases is required.
Strong written & verbal communication skills are required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be able to effectively multi-task assignments.
Minimum of 7 years of experience as leading training programs, preferably in a large manufacturing environment.
5 years of experience with learning technology and techniques, including learning management systems.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan