Robert Half is seeking a Training Program Manager (TPM) who is a program team lead and an internal client liaison working with instructional designers, multimedia developers, writers/editors and subject matter experts (SMEs). The TPM is responsible for the entire scope of the training program, including the big picture aspects of the program down to the day-to-day details. This position is not an IT Project Manager position.
This position manages Enterprise Learning & Staff Development programs and projects in areas such as operations, sales, new hire, technical, and systems, and will be responsible for working closely with business partners, internal clients, and the training team to create and deliver training and performance support materials that achieve specific, defined business objectives.
This position consults with internal clients, Senior Leadership, and Stakeholders to deliver learning solutions that help drive business results and support strategic priorities for an assigned line of business or business group. New training requests and needs (both identified proactively by the TPM or through the business) will start with this position, and a consultative, front-end training analysis completed to fully understand the business problem.
The TPM is responsible for adherence to schedule, and management of task execution for all programs being managed in his/her portfolio. The TPM has the ability to identify, anticipate and manage risks, resulting in an efficient program experience. This position also identifies internal processes for improvement or opportunities for efficiency.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, report status, and ensure stability of project related work efforts
- Project POC for communications and milestones. Writes project communication messages to appropriate audiences.
- Manages training vendor relationship from initial engagement through the project lifecycle. Plays liaison role between vendor and Robert Half; ensuring needs from both parties are met to facilitate a successful project and relationship.
- Assure effective transition of project into deployment and production.
- Effective organization of meetings to ensure flow, participation, and progress
- Plan and direct schedules to ensure the project is completed on time.
- Overseeing and owning the quality of all deliverables.
- Typically works on 3-5 training projects at a time ranging in scope and impact from medium to very large. Projects are complex, involve several different departments, and ultimate accountability for projects that lie with the Enterprise Learning Staff Development leadership team.
- Consult with internal clients, Senior Leadership, and Stakeholders to deliver learning solutions that help drive business results and support strategic priorities for an assigned line of business or business group.
- Intake new training requests and needs, and complete front-end training analysis to fully understand the business problem.
- Define roles of the project manager, the project sponsor and other key people in a learning project
- Document business objectives of the learning event project
- Document the scope of the learning event project
- Build a project charter.
- Identifies efforts of tasks and initiatives by speaking with key stakeholders to determine total timeline/identifies additional impactful stakeholders
- Ensure project status is accurate, comprehensive, and proactively addresses issues and risks, and is published according to plan with all appropriate departments
Data and Decision Analysis
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the project
- Budget reporting and forecast reporting to management as appropriate
- Drives key decisions in alignment with project plan, SOWs, and MSAs.
Risk Management and Mitigation
- Perform risk assessments with project teams and identify contingency plans
- Manages issues and risks proactively seeking to stay ahead of potential problems and if needed bring issues and risks to resolution. Escalates issues and risks as appropriate.
- Identifies measures of project success and evaluates project through metrics.
- Analyzes existing procedures and identifies opportunities for efficiency or improvement.
- Performs a post project review for every project to ensure the knowledge management of project intellectual capital.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Project Management or Learning & Development certifications are a plus.
- Impact Analysis (consistently able to assess impact for, with minimal supervision, each project aspect and determine if project can expand or not to address new idea)
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation (proven experience in implementing all phases)
- Project Management fundamentals (intermediate knowledge of schedule,, risk mgmt, issues management, leadership)
- Documentation (consistently clear, accurate)
- Communication (consistently demonstrates above average clear, articulate, concise; verbal and written, with all levels/audiences within an organization, in addition to negotiation/conflict resolution.)
- Organization/Prioritization (consistently utilized and effective over own work)
- Demonstrated effective use and experience with MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional. Experience with a LCMS a plus.
- Budget Management (consistently maintains and uses project budget and actuals tracking to ensure costs are maintained within the specified tolerance level)
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience including 2 - 4 years of project management experience
- 2 + years of experience in learning and development or training field.
- Decision making skills
- Preference for deadline-driven work that requires multi-tasking
- Problem analysis and solving skills (demonstrated experience in using these skills in a project management role)
- Presentation abilities (able to speak well in front of an audience)
- Detail-oriented and timeline focused