Industry: Energy & Utilities•
8 - 10 years
Posted 154 days ago
The Training Program Development Advisor consults with employees, subject matter experts and leadership on training program oversight and coordination, curriculum, design and delivery, processes, and tools for jobclassifications involving complex, business-critical work with a significant number of training program participants across the Information Technology organization. Develops, implements and maintains IT Training Program aligned with strategic workforce planning goals and objectives. Serve as primary contact for all IT Training Program needs with various levels of IT stakeholders.
A four year Bachelor's degree in Education, Training and Development, or other job-related field from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years' experience in training curriculum development, process or instructional design and training. In lieu of bachelor's degree, combination of college coursework and/or experience in training curriculum development, process or instructional design and training equaling twelve (12) years is required.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
Possess strong verbal communication, consulting and project management skills. Proven ability to lead matrixed teams to accomplish business results across the business unit. Ability to transfer system and process knowledge to others, and to foster teamwork and collaboration. Experience in managing large-scale processes and driving organization change.
1. Leads the design, integration, implementation, and continuous improvement of process and system strategies for technical training programs and assessments in alignment with HR organization standards and policies.
2. Partners with HR and various training roles across the enterprise to leverage learnings, tools, and enable consistency across the Enterprise.
3. Determines methods to support employee development needs necessary to support business goals, both now and in the future by understanding business goals and strategic integration points and aligning with Training andDevelopment objectives. Develops, communicates and successfully executes plans to address organization needs.
4. Provides process ownership and works with process owners from departments and focus areas to determine technical training needs and assessments to build and maintain the IT Training Program.
5. Oversees all aspects of the IT training programs including; the design and/or development and delivery of Technical and Safety or business area specific training programs.
6. Participates on related Advisory Committees as a project and programs subject matter expert (e.g. CPM Advisory Committee, Joint Apprenticeship Committee)
7. Monitors, measures and assesses effectiveness through formal evaluation processes for technical training programs and projects to ensure consistency and inter-connectedness of all competencies, concepts and materials.Continually searches for ways to improve and enhance initiatives and programs. Develops, monitors, and reports on project plans, milestones, and metrics to track progress and effectiveness of all programs.
8. Procures necessary tools/resources to support overall service requirements within the established budget for technical training programs.