Wharton-Smith is a construction manager and general contractor specializing in water treatment, education, parks and recreation, sports, municipal, entertainment, and hospitality projects – all the things a community needs to thrive.
The Training Manager will be responsible for managing the company's training needs in support of corporate goals and initiatives for staff in office administration, management, executive and field construction environments.
- Conduct annual "Training Needs Analysis" and develop a formal training plan for the upcoming year.
- Design, develop, and deliver training programs on an "At the Right Time" basis through the use of SMEs, external providers, or self-performance.
- Research, identify, recommend and implement appropriate assessment tools, non-technical coursework and training providers to achieve objectives.
- Collect feedback from participants and evaluate effectiveness, revise training as needed.
- Create and deliver management reports showing appropriate measure of effectiveness at monthly meetings and when requested.
- Control, maintain and monitor use of all audio-visual equipment, computer equipment used for training and video conferencing as required.
- Participates in management discussions regarding Organizational Development implementation initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and 10-15 years progressively responsible experience in a "hands-on" business setting.
- Construction environment background preferred, but not required; experience with craft and technical workers desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills. Must have extensive knowledge of adult learning processes.
- Travel is required.