The Training Manager creates training materials to meet the needs of The North Face Direct-to-Consumer stores. The training materials should be state of the art and scalable.
The Training Manager will work closely with the Sr. Manager Customer Experience and the Regional Training Coordinator to ensure that there is a feedback loop of information from the stores organization.
The Training Manager will be responsible for creating training materials, which will include Customer Experience, Omni-Channel, Operational, as well as materials that may need rapid response to changing business situations.
The Training Manager will have input on the delivery methods of the materials, and must ensure that there is a way to measure and communicate effectiveness. The Training Manager will collaborate with the Regional Training Coordinator to manage the training budget, and establish control-related standards and procedures.
The Training Manager will report directly to the Sr. Manager Customer Experience Director of Retail Operations and will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Training, who manages all product training materials, and will work together with the Product Training group to ensure store associates have timely access to the suite of product training materials.
- Collaborate with the Regional Training Coordinator and stores organization to understand the needs of the field trainers and associates in order to deliver an exceptional brand experience for the consumer in both Full Price and Outlet channels. Work with Regional Training Coordinator to ensure Trainers have working knowledge of materials and can train in an effective manner.
- Develop training materials and train-the-trainer programs that can be scalable depending on the audience (ie. 3.5, video, etc).
- Work with key partners on evolving and/or developing content for store associate on-boarding program
- Create a rolling roadmap of training courses for the next two seasons. This will require collaboration with the Human Resources, Operations, Product, Merchant and Marketing Teams.
- Monitor and report on completion of training courses, provide feedback to field leaders on trends. Help to develop action plans to increase participation and performance.
- Identify state of the art training opportunities and work with Sr. Manager of Customer Experience to ensure systems are updated. Leverage the best system tools and applications for an effective, combined training platform.
- Work with The North Face field leadership team to develop training content for field leadership meetings, store manager meetings and holiday training materials.
- Develop, implement and follow through on other training materials and reporting as needed.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- BA/BS in Training related field and a minimum of 4 years of retail sales and customer service training, outdoor industry preferred. Training experiencerequired or equivalent combination professional experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills to provide efficient training documents and presentations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage projects from a remote location.
- Excellent MS Office application skills including Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational skills (planning, scheduling, and budgeting).
- Travel required: 25%