The Trail Operations Training Manager is responsible for the development, administration, and continuous improvement of the operational training system for Teck Trail Operations. The Training Manager will ensure therequired training resources, methods of instruction, verification and assessment, and utilization processes are developed to ensure the highest level of competence is achieved in accordance with the requirements of Trail Operations. The Training Manager will be responsible for ensuring that learning and development is achieved withthe highest levels of cost effectiveness.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Ensure that all Trail Operations employees are competent to perform standardized work instructions they are accountable for in compliance within Production, Maintenance and Business Systems.
- Identify all the skilled knowledge requirements that a Trail Operations employee needs in order to be effective in the role
- Identify the competence level a Trail Operations employee requires to perform the standardized workinstructions
- Ensure that every standardized work instruction has cost an effective training module
- Develop and control individual development plans for every Trail Operations employee
- Ensure that the trainers are competent in all the aspects of the training activities they are accountable for
- Ensure successful delivery of the training modules and a positive reputation of training among Trail Operations employees
- Ensure up-to-date standardization all training system processes within Trail Operations
- Continually adapts training systems to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Ensure effective management of the Trail Operations Training System at Teck Trail
- Audit compliance to the procedures standards and their effectiveness
- Ensure continuous improvement of the Trail Operations Training System
- Certified Training Professional
- 10 years or more of experience in the development of a Training System in a comples industrial work setting.
- Experience with the development of learning and development systems within an industrialized work setting.
- Experience in the development of standardized work instructions, the assessment of training methods and resources.
- Knowledge of improvements in learning and development technology, processes, and adult learning requirements
- Familiarity with enterprise based Learning Management System integration and development
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure ofpersonal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and theconfidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.