The Training Manager is responsible for facilitating classroom training for all Sales, Service, Technology and Management processes to over 100 automobile retail dealership locations. This highly visible and accountable position helps usher in process evolution supporting key Sonic Automotive retail initiatives. Sonic Automotive is a Training Magazine Top 125 award winner from 2015 - 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate a wide range of courses to training department standards
• Conduct process evaluation audits.
• Conduct Sonic-specific process/application training.
• Create role-play scenarios to mirror realistic retail automotive environments for a wide range of processes
• Coach, critique and adjust training approach to obtain functional competence across a broad range of learning styles.
• Document training events, training outcomes and progress versus objectives within established metrics.
• Design new training when needed, both classroom and online
• Serve as a performance improvement specialist at dealerships
• Drive culture change at dealership locations
• Schedule and manage the logistics of scheduled training
• Able to become fluent in relevant Playbooks (Standard Operating Procedures)
• Able and willing to maintain 75% nationwide travel schedule.
• Must be technologically adept and capable of working with Power Point and other training tools. Good understanding of LMS systems administration.
• Strong understanding of retail automotive vehicle processes and customer behaviors.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
• 4-year College degree
• 3-years of retail automotive experience, in sales or fixed operations
• 4-years of formal training/facilitation experience.
• Instructional Design experience preferred.