The Manager for Training is responsible for working across the professional fee organization, directing all staff training initiatives across all revenue cycle functions and processes.
Functions include, but are not limited to: education curriculum development, new staff onboardirig and existing staff re-education. The Training Manager develops training plans, approves curricula, partners with the Quality Manager to identify training opportunities, and systematically addresses ongoing training needs with the Associate Director of Business Operations and other Central Business Office. The Manager is required to have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of billing office operations and training, including principles of staff management/supervision, office workflows, curriculum development and delivery, including compliance requirements. The Training Manager reports directly to the Associate Director of Business Operations.
With general direction of the Associate Director of Business Operations and considerable latitude for initiative and judgment:
- Designs and approves all revenue cycle functional-based training curriculum and materials to educate new and existing staff. Reviews new/updated versions of training programs for implementation; redesigns training module(s) and rewrites program materials and curriculum as necessary to meet evolving training needs. Determines what courses will be offered and designs training courses in response to customer needs and to address URMFG operations/services.
- Monitors standard organizational metrics and utilizes data from all sources to create reports to meet the needs of all internal and external customers. Uses knowledge and experience to analyze detailed operational and financial data to identify internal revenue cycle training opportunities in conjunction with revenue cycle functional process owners. Escalates ongoing training opportunities and plans in regular reporting to the Associate Director. Monitors effectiveness of revenue cycle functional training team efforts and develops strategies to improve overall UBO efficiency across both internal and vendor teams. Documents findings and addresses performance metric improvement plan with Associate Director, dearly defining the plan of action and accountabilities.
- Manages the activities of billing office employees under own supervision. Recruits, hires, trains, evaluates, and perform disciplinary actions as necessary following department and University guidelines. Constructs and monitors development plans and fosters functional unit employee engagement through focused team-building efforts, surveys and follow-up action plans.
- Maintains a library of training materials and an index of training resources. Assesses training effectiveness, as well as adequacy of supporting training materials, and applies to the development/revision of training classes and opportunities; prepares activity and progress reports regarding training activities. Reports regularly to the Associate Director of Business Operations regarding financial and operational impact of ongoing training improvement efforts through survey analysis, participant evaluations, etc.
- Keeps current on relevant areas of knowledge and acts as a resource to staff. Interprets and ensures compliance with regulatory standards and requirements; keeps abreast of regulatory requirements, professional standards and competitive industry practices, as well as organizational initiatives with potential to impact current operations; monitors impact on existing activities to maintain service levels and work quality.
- Cultivates and maintains professional relationships with primary customers within area of responsibility including medical directors, physicians, physician groups, patients, clinic leadership, supply vendors and external entitles to foster opportunities for revenue enhancement, enhanced customer service and to positively impact core clinic measures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years of related relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of the professional billing software applications
- 2. 5 years billing office experience, at the management level.