The Training Manager will plan, organize, staff, and direct employees' training activities. This individual will work closely with the Quality Assurance and Compliance Managers to ensure that training fulfills RWS and contract organizational development needs, objectives, and relevant compliance issues. Additionally, the Training Manager will define staff development objectives and create training plans to meet short and long term goals. S/he will also develop curricula, etc.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Develop a project-wide training strategy.
- Manage and identify priorities for the project's training budget.
- Design and implement didactic training and development programs, and/or identify external training curricula programs based on staff needs.
- Design and/or prepare training/instructional materials, teaching aids, and devices.
- Work with the RWS Quality Assurance Manager to evaluate the success of training and development programs, and amend and revise programs, as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur in the work environment.
- Evaluate training/instructional materials, teaching aids, and devices such as educational video/film, textbooks, and interactive CDROMS.
- Manage and supervise Academic and CTT instructors; provides guidance and feedback as necessary
- Maintain records of employee training outcomes, certifications, and credentials.
- Develop and maintain a training reference library, and ensure employees are aware of materials available for their use.
- Responsible for developing a CTST plan and monitoring all budgeting items for the CTST program under the CTT program.
- Oversees scheduling and ensuring all reporting documentation is turned in to Directors in a timely manner
- Managing the day to day functions of the education and career technical training programs to include some off center training programs
- Conducts periodic classroom visits and observations of subordinate staff to ensure a high level of service delivery
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Certification
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Five years of experience, preferably in training and curriculum development and implementation, including at least two years of management experience.
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Familiarity with human service, vocational rehabilitation, and disability issues and service competencies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business Knowledge: Working knowledge of human resources. Understanding of human services industry valued
- Teamwork: Works well collaboratively within own group and cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Problem Solving: Responds appropriately to problems and challenges. Uses good judgment in difficult situations. Understands and considers short and long term impact of decisions. Capacity to solve problems independently and as a member of a team
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical and written/oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to easily maintain several projects and priorities concurrently
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and travel up to 10% across multiple states.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate creatively with internal associates
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and initiative