OFS, a world-class leader in optical fiber innovations has a position available for a Training Manager located at our fiber optic cable manufacturing facility supporting our Cable Operations in Carrollton, Georgia.
The function and purpose of this position is to design, plan, implement and teach training and certification programs at OFS Carrollton. To include but not limited to manufacturing and support group's training, certification and assistance as needed to troubleshoot problems and develop corrective actions.
Research new training programs, techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage training staff and activities in Carrollton Cable and Connectivity.
- Communicate with Supervisors and Managers to assess training needs to ensure continuing skills development and compliance.
- Schedule internal and external training programs for professional, non-exempt, and hourly employees.
- Select, review and purchase training materials.
- Manage the roll out of training programs and provide support for curriculum planning.
- Champion Lean programs in conjunction with Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing.
- Communicate with local colleges, technical schools as applicable to foster alliance and training resources.
- Conduct training and certification classes -- Drug Awareness, Train-the-Trainer, Basic Skills, Leadperson and Supervisor Development.
- Complete annual DFWP certification requirements to maintain state certification.
- Update and maintain job descriptions and job skills test.
- Update procedures and write training materials/programs.
- Ensure training certification requirements are met and conduct records audit to ensure compliance.
- Ensure forklift and company vehicle compliance requirements are met.
- Acquire and expand knowledge, skills and experiences in training areas of specialization (assessment, design, and delivery).
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (at least 7 years).
- Generally manages a group of training specialists.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to the HR Manager.
- Knowledge of theory and practice in leadership development, organizational development, adult learning, performance based and technical training.
- Public speaking, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Strong organizational skills and persistence in following through and following up are required, as well as having the proven ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Should have above average computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to develop training programs using these programs.