Lockwood Hills, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima LLC , provides mission supportservices to federal agencies and the military. With expert capabilities across four service areas, Lockwood Hills facilitates some of the most demanding and critical missions in the world. Our work includes safeguarding vital installations and personnel, maintaining and modifying aircraft, keeping operations on track withintegrated logistics, and driving business with records management and administrative support services.
Lockwood Hills, LLC provides a competitive salary and compensation package (health insurance, 401k, paid holidays, etc.).
The Training Manager is accountable for scheduling, facilitating and coordinating activities associated with executing all training and certification efforts for contractstaff. In addition to any Government-required training, the Training Manager identifies skills gaps and enhancements to promote efficient and optimal operations, on-boarding, cross-training, and other needs arising from new Government and Company policies, security protocols, IT systems, or other changes that affect the operations.
- Maintain the organization's Training Plan.
- Maintain a current collection of internal and external training resources.
- Prepare training reports and individual training records.
- Coordinate and evaluate external training programs and/or conferences.
- Review and evaluate vendor-produced training programs and facilitate program delivery.
- Conduct training needs assessments and respond to training requests identified by managers.
- Determine staff skill levels and training needs using various methods: review of quality assurance data, needs assessment surveys, participant course evaluations, employee feedback, management feedback.
- Develop basic components of instructional design: sequencing and clustering of learning events and objectives, task learning relationships, training materials and performance measures.
- Implement supplementary training solutions such as role play scenarios.
- Prepare and create audio visual materials, manuals, handbooks, job aids, and other training materials as needed.
- Analyze participation response, develop findings and make recommendations for training program improvement.
- Plan and conduct validity and reliability studies to detect trends or weak areas making recommendations for necessary changes in training program.
- Coordinate and develop the New Employee Orientation (NEO) program, providing updates and refresher training as program changes are implemented.
- Six (6) years of related experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to draft effective analytical memoranda, reports, presentations and training, communicate withstakeholders, and to disseminate information to a wide audience.
- Attention to detail to successfully analyze and evaluate trends and maintain detailed records.
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to choose between varying methods and procedures to process complex cases and provide guidance.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team toeffectively interact with personnel at all levels.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance.
- Experiencing managing Training requirements on a Government contract or program.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.