World Fuel Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Training Manager will lead the design and implementation of training programs which deliver targeted business results. This position will develop, plan, and execute new hire orientation/onboarding, new program/software platform, and ongoing growth initiatives for sake of driving employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and performance optimization which foster a culture of continuous improvement. Effective communication to all levels of the organization is essential. The Training Manager candidate will teach, coach, influence, and act as an ambassador and leader in contributing to the development of a continuous improvement and learning culture.
Responsible for creating and implementing training programs and overseeing the development of employees. Improves operational results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; providing one-one/classroom style coaching and training sessions and implementing changes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities for the Training Manager
Training Leadership (20%)
- Responsible for designing and delivering oral presentations and training courses, writing clear learning objectives, training manuals, work instructions, standard operating procedures and conducting post-learning assessments/certifications to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and progress of the trainee as she/he progresses into the 30/60/90 days of onboarding.
- Provide guidance to achieve internal and external training resources.
- Lead training initiatives: training plans, needs assessments, design and execution of learning solutions in areas such as new hire orientation/onboarding, new software platforms, organizational effectiveness, leadership, and process improvement.
Facilitate & Deliver Training (60%)
- Facilitate learning and development tools and resources such as basic and subject matter job skills training, new software platform training and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Documents processes and creates work instructions and training material for all support positions.
- Using internal and external resources, responsible for the development of training programs, coursework and organizational interventions designed to meet training and organizational development objectives.
- Establish and support the creation and maintenance of the Service Cloud Knowledgebase tool
- Facilitate workshops and resulting action plans with cross-functional groups regarding process improvement topics such as materials flow, goal setting, innovation, brainstorming, etc.
- Work with leaders to deliver programs that drive desired behaviors and results through site organization.
- Develop and use in-house subject-matter-experts, where appropriate, through train-the-trainer sessions and other developmental programs. Facilitate and conduct train-the-trainer workshops.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of training resources and suppliers, material preparation, computerized training, program and participant tracking, and the training/education budget.
- Plan and coordinate training logistics, including the scheduling of training classes, in an efficient and cost-effective manner that minimizes the impact on operations.
- Other projects and duties as requested by leadership
Measure & Plan (20%)
- Develop and maintain training metrics and resources.
- Responsible for performing job analysis and task analysis, pre- and post- performance evaluations, and course validation to ensure production / maintenance training is positively influencing performance.
- Partners with Customer Support and cross-functional teams to design, develop, test and implement system modifications to improve operational efficiency.
Required Experience, Skills, Education and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Training, Organizational Development or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing and leading organizational development and/or organizational effectiveness initiatives.
- 4+ years of experience in a customer support and/or call center environment.
- 4+ years of training leadership over a team driving strategic training programs
- Previous experience designing, developing and delivering impactful business solutions and programs, preferably in customer support and/or call center environments.
- Ability to understand customer support/call center processes and to translate these into work instructions and training material.
- Proven facilitation skills to lead workshops and action-planning processes
- Project management experience
- Experience implementing an Agile / Lean culture a plus
- Change agent skills required
- Meet the criteria as outlined above and/or have related customer supportexperience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work schedule flexibility
- Strong written and oral communication/presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to consistently meet expectations in an ever-changing environment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Candidates must understand how to define the problem and generate alternatives and implement solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of the demands of a customer support/call center environment
- Leadership Skills: Ability to motivate and coordinate employees
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong business acumen
- Must be able to lead, work and thrive in a quick moving cross functional team environment
- Must be able to perform without specific daily direction
- Multiple languages a plus