The Training Manager of Environmental Services (EVS) & Nutritional Services (NS) is responsible for providing training, leadership, support and consultative services to develop and enhance Facilities/EVS and NS programs and tools, and will provide daily support for all required trainings.
This position will lead the quality and standards operational excellence and training functions for the Support Services EVS and NS at the University of Kansas Health System.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Maintain friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers.
- Will adhere to customer needs.
- Manage the centralized New Hire Orientation and On-boarding Program for both hourly and exempt level employees.
- Develop management and supervisory technical and soft skills training.
- Create curriculum for leadership and professional development for high potential employees.
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer sessions for all training coordinators.
- Perform onsite EVS & NS specific operations training for hourly employees and supervision.
- Provide monthly training reports per component.
- Ensure all trainings are tracked and documented.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Use operational expertise to pilot, incubate and implement new and existing systems and technologies.
- Publish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for EVS and NS programs.
- Coordinate training for unique needs or requests
- Measure training effectiveness.
- Provide training program feedback to General Managers in EVS and NS.
- Utilize technical expertise to evaluate Aramark’s operating program standards, measure performance and recommend solutions in order to enhance or improve operations.
- Document observations and recommendations with formal reporting methods for client and internal audiences.
- Assist in the development, implementation and facilitation of technical training programs for Facilities/EVS Front Line managers and employees.
- Assess and monitor select accounts through compliance audits to ensure compliance with our client contracts, OSHA, Life Safety and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Partner with Innovation & Expertise Teams and advocate for change and implement new technologies, handheld devices, programs and or processes consistent with initiatives developed and approved by the Facilities and OpX Senior Teams.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field with a minimum 5 years of experience in healthcare support services management to include Facilities/EVS and NS, and/or 5 years of experience in training.
- Solid strategic, analytical, and decision making experience in driving outcomes.