The Training Manager will deliver and integrate enterprise-level software training modules to both internal and external stakeholders at Dynamic Signal. S/he will leverage strong communication and relationship building skills to partner with the Customer Success and Product teams, identify training requirements, craft solutions, and deliver the resulting modules through a variety of means.
- Provide leadership, technical project coordination, and consultative services; liaise with cross-functional work teams, key stakeholders and subject matter experts at an enterprise level to develop course specifications and gather course content
- Project manage, develop, and deliver technical process user course content, train-the-trainer content, and job aids for multiple user profiles and a variety of levels and roles in instructor-led, virtual, eLearning, and recorded formats
- Develop curriculum with certification paths for employees, customers, and partners, both business best practices and technical
- Deliver projects, content, and training that enable customer success, change management and adoption
- Manage course content for technical software products and ensure that up-to-date knowledge is conveyed for each release
- Work with leadership to understand and coordinate onboarding and ongoing training needs for customer-facing employees
- Continue to evolve training curriculums based on feedback and research
- Keep up to date on trends and developments in the industry that can better improve the overall program
- Organize and conduct seminars/trainings for individuals local and in remote locations. Expected travel 20-40%
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7+ years of deep experience effectively managing training projects, software-user curriculum design, development, and delivery with a range of customer stakeholders requiredHigh level of flexibility, creativity and dependability required.
- Superior business writing and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to deliver technical training to a variety of audiences and adapt delivery as needed is required.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in Communication, Business, Education, Human Resources, or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles and training techniques
- Proficiency in administering Learning Management Systems (LMS) preferred.