The Training Manager is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing training programs to strengthen the skills, knowledge and abilities of the company’s technical staff and others. From new hire onboarding, compliance, and technical training, through ongoing professional and management development, the Training Manager works across the organization to build and deliver customized training solutions that enhance serving our customers, help attract and retain employees, and increase the collective capabilities of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with leadership team to identify and measure training KPIs
- Work with leadership team on annual training budget
- Identify training needs for various roles and functions in the organization
- Evaluate and track employee skill levels and competencies
- Plan, develop and implement training programs based on organizational priorities
- Identify appropriate training resources (internal and external) and delivery methods based on content, budget, and other factors
- Build out learning paths, courses and assessments in LMS
- Ensure training offerings and content are aligned with the company’s values, ethics, and legal requirements (federal, state and local)
- Ensure training offerings are designed for a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Communicate and market required and optional learning opportunities to employees and create excitement around training programs
- Track employee participation, progress and success. Help remove obstacles to completing training programs
- Prepare and deliver training courses, as appropriate
- Train users on the LMS and other systems, as needed
- Provide regular reporting on training activity to management
- Seek feedback on training program effectiveness from participants and managers
- Refresh training content and communications to keep programs current and engaging
- Recommend training strategies and techniques to management that target specific needs and challenges
- Work with individual employees to advise on career path options and training requirements to achieve their goals
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience (minimum needed):
- At least 5 years’ experience working in corporate training and/or organizational development
- At least 3 years’ in a role where curriculum development was the primary responsibility
- Experience with a variety of training platforms (LMS) and mediums such as video, PowerPoint, WebEx, etc.
- Experience in or exposure to the fire and life safety industry is a plus.
Required Education (minimum needed):
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in education, organizational development, business or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, LMS and other learning and training technology and applications.
- Ability to translate business needs into training requirements
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with various types of people, and ability to communicate clearly and succinctly verbally and in writing
- Strong presentation and project management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles and training techniques
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Sound judgement and decision-making abilities
- Ability to shift priorities and flex work plans based on company needs
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Active listening skills to identify training needs and obstacles to learning effectiveness
Required Licenses or Certifications (minimum needed):
None required. Preferred: ATD (Association for Talent Development) or other learning and development association trainings.