At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94, of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to workin the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
- Develop global training curriculum and training programs forCardiovascular andNeuromodulation (CN).
- Identify training needs based on regulatory requirements and in conjunction with process owners.
- Understands US and global training requirements and best practices, and stays on top of new industry developments.
- Training Content Design - Works with subject matter experts to assess and define training and performance needs. Utilizes instructional design and adult learning principles to determine appropriate solutions and design strategies. Develops and/or manages the development of content and curriculum per the design strategy. Develops technology based learning material (e. g. e-learning) and/or instructor led material using interactive, multimedia delivery.
- Develop and implement training policies, procedures and systems in with applicable internal, domestic and international quality regulations, US21 CFR820 (QSR), ISO13485, and other regulatory requirements.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for LMS business user requirements, as well as, quality system and compliance training requirements.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Identifies problems and opportunities for improvement, investigates, and institutes agreed upon changes to resolve the problems or implement productivity improvements. Systems deployment & innovation
- Identifies opportunities to continuously learn and improve training processes and approaches
- Aligns Cardiovascular andNeuromodulation locations with a comprehensive training compliance strategy. Participates and supports Abbott Training Community of Practice
- Lead or participate in projects for deployment of new Learning Management Systems technologies: e.g. SAP, Sumtotal, WorkDay, LERN, ISOTrain
- Establish & maintain training metrics to track the effectiveness and trending for management review
- Leads cross-functional teams to reach consensus on training strategy, methods, development, and implementation. Must understand the legal, compliance, business and HR implications of each area to be addressed, and coordinate and direct these other functions as appropriate.
- Coaching & developing others / Team Building
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates.
- Communicating withsupervisors, peers, subordinates
- Provide subject matter experts for training development
- Identifies/incorporates best practices and lessons learned into training
- Work with internal departments to leverage opportunities and identify synergies in training execution
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Budget Management - responsible for tracking expenses, correcting spending discrepancies, ordering training materials as needed, making financial recommendations, monitoring overtime and contract labor hours, and assisting in budget planning. Accountable for budget maintenance, overtime/contract labor hour usage.
The following functions report directly to this role:
- Training Supervisors
- Training Coordinators
- Training Analysts
- Additionally the position requires a managerial role in the following areas:
- Contacts with all levels of management within CN.
- Contact with Global Training Peers and Abbott Corporate Training
- Contacts with Abbott personnel in other affiliates especially in Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, Technical, Manufacturing, and Materials.
- Receives general direction and exercises considerable discretion to own work detail, exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
- Recommends and implements solutions.
- Ensures compliant documentation; carrying out tasks related to area of responsibility with limited management oversight.
- Provides direction and guidance to exempt and non-exempt staff including supervisory personnel who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments; evaluates performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates.
- Decisions may have short and long term impact.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
- Bachelors Degree and 7+ years work experience in Training or related field experience with at least 3 years of direct management and supervision of personnel and resources; Less experience may be appropriate with advanced degree.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%, including internationally.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (e.g. SumTotal, ISOTrain, LERN)
- Experience working in a regulated industry, preferred experience in the Medical Device industry.
- Candidate should have proven experience managing a variety of training projects and demonstrable knowledge over a breadth of technology solutions related to Learning Management Systems.