ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the "One TEAM." We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Purpose: To lead the Training and Implementation department in serving the Branches by adding value to Branch Operations through training employees on safe, efficient delivery of heavy lifting and transportation, as well as working to demonstrate and implement improved processes and tools to the branches.
- Responsibilities and Principal Duties:
- Provide leadership that is consistent with established Mission Statement and Core Values. Barnhart has chosen Servant Leadership as the appropriate model to reflect the culture of the "One Team"
- Provide actionable analysis of financial report (Departmental Expense Report) in order to manage department operations and determine efficient improvements. The key metric for measuring financial performance is dollar per man-hour trained.
- Oversees all aspects of the department. This includes:
Core Curriculum – This would include development, teaching, and improvement of core curriculum as defined by the Director of Safety and Quality
Maintenance of Equipment and Facilities for the Department – All equipment and facilities must be maintained with a common-sense approach to cost and investment.
Implementation – Includes oversight, evaluation, and improvement of the process and relationships necessary to help complete the intent of the R&D department in adding value through new tools through teaching and adoption in the field.
Improvement – Provide oversight, evaluation, and improvement of the efficiency of the Training and Implementation team.
Presentation – The department manager must be able to present the company within the industry and provide leadership in making our industry better
People – The department manager is responsible to build the best team to accomplish departmental goals.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: The Training and Implementation Department Manager is responsible for the Trainers, Administrators, and Interns in the Department as well as responsible to develop relationships in the Regions to promote Training and Implementation efforts.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Industrial) or Sufficient experience
- Experience: 5 years of experience in Crane & Rigging industry or related field.
- Technical Aptitude: A working knowledge and understanding of profit and loss performance. Must be mechanically inclined with basic understanding of machinery, heavy construction and basic principles of industrial project flow. Basic math and geometry are necessary. Must demonstrate planning and leadership skills. Required to be skilled as an instructor.
- Administrative Skills: A basic understanding of construction contract knowledge, ability to quickly learn Windows based software applications, and strong time management skills.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to travel as needed and participate on site as needed for sales and operational success.