We are seeking candidates with an energetic spirit who come to work every day ready to demonstrate their skills, perform and execute the fundamentals of their role and engage in helping raise the skills of our workforce not only for today but into the future. Become a part of the WestRock family of businesses as a business partner and member of the Human Resources team. As the Training/HR Lead, you will report directly to the Human Resources Director. You will work very closely with employees at all levels and will have direct responsibility for all aspects of training for the Charleston Mill and provide support for other HR areas, as required.
· Develop and execute learning strategies to meet business and departmental training objectives
· Manage learning programs/initiatives for all mill employees, to include professional, leadership, and hourly training programs
· Develop training standards and systems to both sustain and continuously improve hourly skills training, qualification, and certification processes
· Manage the Learning Management System (LMS) locally
· Establish, report, and communicate training performance metrics
· Review plans of proposed new projects and processes for new or improved training opportunities
· Provide supervision, coach and assist with the development of hourly training coordinators
· Establish and maintain on-boarding and orientation processes
· Manages performance management, talent development, and employee engagement programs locally
· Assures compliance with HR related programs such as Affirmation Action, ISO Training Standards, and other HR Compliance requirements
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
· Minimum of (5-7) years' experience working in Human Resources with at least (3) years' experience leading training initiatives in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and HRIS Systems
· Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
· PHR/SPHR, SHRM certification, preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to staff and employees at all levels.
· Create and deliver grammatically correct reports on training outputs.
· Strong leadership ability along with high ethical standards – Safety first mentality, supporting safety and company compliance requirements.
· Interacts effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
· Plan, schedule, organize and execute training initiatives to meet deadlines.
· Make/implement training deliverables to assist in improving the efficiency and productivity of team members.
· Provide feedback to evaluate performance.
· Exercise independent and discretionary judgment.
What we offer:
Valid Through: 2019-11-11