ERM is seeking a Training & Enablement Manager in North America to join our global Digital Services business. At ERM, we offer a unique combination of Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) and innovative digital solution expertise. This role will be an integral part of enabling the future for our team through focused capacity building of our Digital Services consultants. In this position, you will work closely with leadership and technical teams to design, deliver, and enhance new and existing training course offerings. Additionally, you will assist in designing talent development strategies and trainings that focus on building leadership, consulting skills, and overall professional development to align with our team’s respective business goals and objectives. This role will have training and enablement responsibility across our core service lines including Digital Advisory, Digital Systems, Data Management & Analytics, and Change Management.
ERM has enduring values, which are fundamental to our business conduct. We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERMers take accountability, are focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. As the Training & Enablement Manager, you will be a valuable asset amongst a diverse team of professionals striving to address business growth, daily business operations and environmental issues. If you share our values, believe in sustainability and are motivated by opportunities to shape, build, and contribute to a team that makes a real impact on business, ERM is the right place for you. We offer a flexible working environment and competitive salary.
The Training & Enablement Manager is responsible for the excellence and efficiency of execution, delivery, and reinforcement of Talent Development programs to improve targeted professional, leadership, and technical competencies within the Digital Services business. The successful candidate will serve as the catalyst accelerating ERM’s development of individual potential into organizational performance, and enabling our people to achieve ERM’s challenging global vision and strategy.
- Provide team members with a fully integrated and diverse suite of technical digital capabilities and non-technical consulting deliverables that support transforming a vision into practical, implementable and sustainable outcome.
- Ensure the ERM vision and strategy shape all learning activities; ensure that sustainability and ERM’s values of Diversity, Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency are embedded in all learning programs, processes and outcomes, and modeled by those leading the learning interventions.
- Collaborate with leadership and internal technical teams to design and deliver new, innovative training offerings to expand and supplement the current catalog of training services offered.
- Deploy Global Talent Development programs and personally provide exceptional virtual and instructor-led facilitation resulting in memorable, efficient, and effective individual employee learning experiences; Facilitate the scheduling and delivery of trainings across global time zones.
- Design learning solutions via all types of modalities that are engaging and build capabilities. Assesses the right solution for the need and timing in the business that ensures knowledge transfer, tied to business strategy, and provides exceptional employee learning experiences.
- Develop and deploy training methodologies including change strategy, communication plans, engagement plans, deployment schedules, and training program plans and delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery and instruction of material for existing internal training offerings; Review, edit, and enhance training curriculum and materials on an as needed basis.
- Provide competency-based coaching and mentoring to targeted employees as they close skill gaps and accelerate the demonstration of new competencies from previously untapped potential.
- Continuously improve our performance reinforcement processes including ERM managers’ coaching abilities, the efficiency and effectiveness of our knowledge transfer processes, and measurement of participants’ targeted competencies.
- Collaborate with leadership to create class schedules, analytics, manage vendors, and coordinate communications in a manner that effectively balances participants’ time invested in employee development with time invested in our client deliverables.
- Support the Digital Services HR Manager work in Talent Management activities and developing skills on Talent Management projects and programs.
- Demonstrate indicators of judgement, drive, and initiative, and continuously improve on the identification of these qualities in others; take on additional responsibilities as needed to ensure the team’s success.
- Work within an environment that promotes proactive cooperation and motivates individuals to maintain a positive attitude in order to consistently deliver quality services and technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field required.
- Proven success in technical training and supporting programs within the digital technology market highly preferred.
- 5 - 10+ years of overall professional experience as a consultant, organizational instructional designer, technical trainer or facilitator.
- 5+ years of leadership design, development, delivery, and facilitation experience.
- Skilled in coaching teams and individual professionals to build competencies or change behaviors.
- Ability to work and handle a diverse curriculum of training and various digital technologies.
- High-level of effective interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal; proven ability to facilitate and lead discussions, and communicate professionally with all levels of employees.
- Client (internal) focused with a strong service orientation; demonstrated ability to react positively to change and multi priorities in a fast-paced, results -oriented culture.
- Professionally attentive with an understanding and adherence to business acumen, business strategies and a desire for team collaboration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook) in addition to various web and videoconferencing applications.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Accelerative Learning methodology and Competency mapping a benefit but not required.
- Learning certifications (APTD/CPLP) a plus but not required.