The Training Director supporting Retail will articulate and ensure the learning strategy and future training roadmap align with key business priorities and create impactful learning experiences for colleagues within Citizens Retail business. This leadership opportunity will lead and manage learning initiatives that maximize new ways of learning, build upon existing learning technologies, ensure requisite colleague capabilities now and in the future, and emphasize a strong learning culture and engaging learning experiences
Primary responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with all business partners to foster a common understanding of mutual goals
- Leading and coaching a team of direct reports
- Managing a healthy pipeline and portfolio of projects
- Providing tracking and reporting to business constituents regarding training measures of success
- Pro-actively anticipating the needs of the Citizens Bank management team and translating those needs to learning and development
- Conducting, leading or supervising projects that require needs assessments of current and future training requirements, as requested by the Chief Learning Officer
- Consulting with the Chief Learning Officer and other HR and Development Leadership Team members to identify training requirements and making appropriate recommendations
- Facilitating strategic meetings as requested by stakeholder
- Communicating organizational initiatives at stakeholder meetings.
- Engaging and leading third party suppliers to build their capabilities in support of business goals and product/program launches
- Coordinating, scheduling and supervising on-the-job assessments to specifically identify effectiveness of training curriculum in on-the-job environment, making appropriate recommendations based on assessment
- Minimum 10 years of L&D experience in a technical and service oriented environment.
- Proven ability in designing and conducting Learning Needs Assessment
- Experience creating innovative, technology-enabled, high impact and scalable learning experiences
- Working knowledge of adult learning theory, principles of performance improvement and training delivery methods
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing cross-functional relationships and priorities
- Proven strategic agility, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment
- Exceptional consultative, collaboration and influence skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage project/programs on time, within budget, and with a high degree of client satisfaction
- Skilled at building and managing relationships with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal direction to produce well researched and compelling work products
- Experience building diverse, broad and targeted networks of interpersonal relationships across the enterprise and externally
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, especially at the senior executive level
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment and handle multiple projects.
- MS Office especially Power Point, Excel, Word and SharePoint
- 5-7 years leadership experience
- 5+ Instructional design experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience in financial and/or banking industry
- Customer servicing
- Familiarity using survey tools (Qualtrics preferred) and Share Point.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's Degree preferred, such as M.ED. or related field.
- Project Management certification highly desirable.