TRAINING and DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR - Tinley Park, IL .. Div. of top, global manufacturer conglomerate .. Min. 10 yrs’ Industrial, Technical Training Exp.
EXCELLENT NEW POSITION / Opportunity - Due to Growth
To $137K Base (d.o.e.) + Bonus (100% payout) + Growth + V. G. Benefits + Relocation … (Only candidates within the United States will be considered)
SVP - Product Support is seeking a dynamic, capable TRAINING DIRECTOR with ‘cradle to grave’ experience with proven ability to LEAD and DEVELOP company’s Training Department for a successful division (300+staff) of a top, established (60+yrs), privately-owned $500+MM manufacturing (industrial machinery / equipment) global conglomerate.
The newly appointed Training Director will provide in-depth, instrumental managerial oversight and direction over the company’s Learning Management System. The Director will develop, build, execute and manage diverse ‘state of the art’ training programs (in newly purchased 13,000+ sq. ft. facility), user support materials, a new Call Center, and ensure resources are in place to support a successful, comprehensive educational/training center to support the whole Group’s product lines (16 Companies) including industrial equipment and appliedtechnology.
- Conduct thorough needs assessment (for 2 - 3year rollout) — analyzing training needs and gaps, developing long term training plans, developing curriculum, establishing human capital needs / team and delivering courses to help drive process standardization and improvement to meet customer demands.
- Develop and execute the plan to implement a Learning Management System and Call Center Support System for company’s extended product lines….to eventually cover all of the Group’s companies.
- Create, define Call Center / Help Desk operations/strategies and develop systems and processes to ensure efficient support for both internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with and secure input from Operations, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Quality and IT Departments to develop, execute and manage ‘state of the art’ training requirements / programs.
- Develop and execute required Dealer / Distributor Training Support Strategies.
- Work with staff members and a diverse customer/distributor/dealer base to develop Subject Matter Experts and training content. Teach Subject Matter Experts how to be effective Trainers.
- Serve as a primary point of contact withinternal and external Satellite Service Technicians and Providers….and ensure transition to department’s team members.
- Develop, Build and Manage the delivery of training in multiple formats including classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, web-conferences, workshops and virtual training designs….Ensuring the quality and consistency of course content.
- Ensure collateral for training sessions such as user guides, technical documentation, online resources, and othermarketing/promotional and supporting materials is effectively maintained and managed.
- Develop and establish ‘best practices’ with delivery of training by assessing training needs, tracking participation, analyzing user satisfaction by gathering feedback, implementing a measurement process, and maintaining records on all session offerings, registrations, and attendance.
- Hire Instructors/Trainers and Call Center management staff.
- Ensure and act as the safety champion and leader. Ensure all aspects of the company’s workplaces are in compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience/Training/Education - MUST HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in related area .. Masters degree a plus.
- Min. 10+ years related Industrial Equipment & Technical training, development and product support experience.
- Leadership, team building and project management experience.
- Experiencewith adult learning.
- Experiencewith corporate university design and functionality is a plus.
- Experience designing and delivering outstanding classroom, and/or, E-learning workshops for a wide range of industrial and technical services clientele and equipment manufacturers.
- Experiencewith business management systems and product supporttechnology.
- Proven and Extensive experience developing and presenting product related learning training activities.
- Demonstrated experience with developing a centralized technical call center and executing consistent customer service excellence.
- Strong experience with industrial equipment systems & technology, low and high voltage, PLC technology, mechanical functionality, and reading diverse formats of electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Proven experiencewith course curriculum development, writing training manuals/material, training assessment methodology, and the use of multiple training platforms including but not limited to classroom, multimedia, web based, etc.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills, presentation, written and verbal…including the ability to successfully train others.
- Innate, natural enthusiasm and passion…including the humility / willingness to continuously learn.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage customer/attendee conflict and change, etc.
- Demonstrated effective, meaningful leadership / management skills and proven experience for ability to lead, facilitate, organize and work effectively with own and cross functional teams, departments to execute the necessary results.
- Proven ability to generate the necessary results, nurture, strengthen, reinforce the company’s growth…taking it to the next level to meet / exceed assigned goals
- High energy, driven, approachable, proactive, technical educational leader with…ideally….highly engineered industrial machinery/equipment experience.
- Strong team building skills with the ability to effectively motivate, inspire and train others to meet all requireddeadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Demonstrated high level of technical project management skills to manage several projects simultaneously successfully.
- Proven ability to work with sense of urgency, applying innovating thinking to problem solving.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills who is detail-oriented.
- Desire to champion the need for continuous compliance of all safety, health and environmental policies and processes.
- Organizationally savvy and ability to develop a strong working relationships at all levels.
- Strong experience and skills withMS Office products and various learning development software programs.