ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
"This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology."
The Training and Development Technical Writer will assist in the instructional design, development and implementation of key strategies associated with training, with a focus on creating and sustaining a comprehensive suite of training documentation, resources, and eLearning modules for the ASML San Diego Operations organization. As part of the Training & Development team, you will collaborate with management to ensure organization objectives are incorporated into training, monitor competency performance, and support the continuous enhancement of the Operation's organizational improvement initiatives and training programs.
While reporting in the Planning & Logistics group, you will be supporting multiple departments within Operations such as; Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Planning and Logistics, Environmental Health & Safety, Quality and Finance.
- Design, develop, and maintain training documentation, including but not limited to; Quick Reference Cards, Manuals, eLearning modules.
- Facilitate in the daily administration of the Learning Management system
- Notify the Training Project Lead of any discrepancies in the day-to-day execution of your duties
- Perform Training Needs Analyses (TNA) to validate the effectiveness of training initiatives
- Assist in the roll-out and evaluation of Competency Assessments
- Assist in the management of organizational development programs for the San Diego Factory: Including but not limited to job rotation, competency development, MyLearning (LMS) system, and Onboarding, etc…
- Interfaces with engineering, technical support, manufacturing, field service, safety and other instructors in the Learning and Development Department to create and improve courses.
- Working with the Training and Development team to develop and improve curriculum, lesson plans, and course materials
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the success and effectiveness of the Training and Development Program Lead
- Proactively engage in professional development & growth opportunities in order to effectively support and advise other's
- Manage projects end-to-end including scope, implementation, performance plan, execution, and reporting
Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent experience desired. 2+years direct work experience required.
- Proven experience in developing Level 3&4 eLearning modules (Captivate experience referred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in developing technical training resources (Quick reference guides & manuals) for technical and system-based learning topics
- Ability to create and deliver presentation to all levels of management
- Ability to execute training coordination tasks in a timely manner and escalate as necessary to get help
- Ability to build strong relationships and partners with co-workers to build trust and influence at multiple levels within the organization
- Proven ability to lead teams and initiatives with direct and indirect authority
- Ability to influence/negotiate through formal and informal networks
- Analytical and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage a variety of resources according to a detailed project plan
- Ability to manage complex situations with diverse requirements with good judgment.
- Skill with using a variety of computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail, LMS, and scheduling applications) required.
- Ability to work effectively within an independent and a team environment
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Experience in a technical environment preferred
- Experience working in organizational and/or technical training environment required
- Experience working in the semiconductor, manufacturing, or technical industries is a plus
- Experience working in a world-wide organization with multiple global locations desired